[APP] - version 3.33/3.34 ( 26. 9. 2018 )

Started by Menion, September 26, 2018, 21:40:46

Menion

Ah correct. It's because I use testing changed main menu (only four buttons at the bottom with main "Locus World" button) and this "exit" button is missing there. Btw. is it really useful at all? Two taps to close app instead of "swipe up" and home button. Hmm ...

For now, @balloni55 is correct, full-screen is needed. It may happen that you will have also this test version of the main menu (it's random in Free version), then sorry, it's not there :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on November 21, 2018, 10:05:56
Btw. is it really useful at all? Two taps to close app instead of "swipe up" and home button.
On my old MotoG i needed full screen to get enough screen space. "Swipe up" was frustratingly imprecise and could easily result in scrolling the map several kilometres and losing my place insteada of opening the soft buttons. So, yes, the Exit button was very useful.
It isn't needed on my new Moto G6 as use the fingerprint detector as a back button instead.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: john_percy on November 21, 2018, 11:08:25
Quote from: menion on November 21, 2018, 10:05:56
Btw. is it really useful at all? Two taps to close app instead of "swipe up" and home button.
On my old MotoG i needed full screen to get enough screen space. "Swipe up" was frustratingly imprecise and could easily result in scrolling the map several kilometres and losing my place insteada of opening the soft buttons. So, yes, the Exit button was very useful.
It isn't needed on my new Moto G6 as use the fingerprint detector as a back button instead.
+1
and could be useful to have exit button as choice in the panels
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Oki ... expect that one day (most probably), "exit" will be removed from the main menu. I've anyway added it as an option to functions panel.
  •  

john_percy

Attempting to do a search using Geonames or GNS on new beta. Start typing into search box, auto complete options offered from past searches. Tap on one of these (eg "pooley bridge"), text appears as "ListItemParams(id=0)". Delete this nonsense character by character,  Locus crashes when last character has been erased. (Sorry, can't upload screenshot in current mobile configuration.)
This search behaves correctly in current Pro version.

•  

Menion

@lor74cas, "exit" button for functions panel added

@john_percy , good observation, thanks, fixed
  •  

TrulloF

I've got problems with my old theme menu in version 3.34.1 (see screen shot). Icons and text are not properly aligned.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Track export to RideWithGPS: Locus locks up at Points/Tracks export summary screen. Close & back buttons are ignored. Locus is unresponsive. I can only kill Locus & restart. This bug could have begun a long time ago as I do not normally export to RideWithGPS, it was really a mistake. Export to GPX file is fine. The first time recently this happened I thought it could have been because of a large track (200km) but today I mistakenly did another RideWithGPS export with smaller 100km and same result.

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@TrulloF
funny, where may I download your theme for test?

@Andrew Header
hmmm, export to RideWithGPS should "call" email client on your device. Really no error message? Back hardware button do really nothing? Are you using any email client on your device?
  •  

c.s.g.

Quote from: menion on November 27, 2018, 14:25:42
@TrulloF
funny, where may I download your theme for test?
Maybe similar problem as reported here.
  •  

TrulloF

It's probably a general problem with themes using the style tag. Older versions of Locus always displayed the style menu without problems. The theme itself is not publicly available (it's based on Jusc's Adlerauge theme with several additions borrowed from other themes).
I can send it to you for testing purposes.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on November 27, 2018, 14:25:42
hmmm, export to RideWithGPS should "call" email client on your device. Really no error message? Back hardware button do really nothing? Are you using any email client on your device?
@menion - no error message, back button unresponsive (as I said), using stock Google Gmail. Should I send a log? At what point should I create the log? Just after Locus is frozen I guess.
  •  

Menion

@TrulloF, @c.s.g.
yes, it may be the same problem as reported by @jusc in the different topic. Anyway, few external themes I have in the device does not contain such menu so if you point me on any problematic theme or send me any, I'll gladly fix it, thanks.

@Andrew Heard

when to send logs: complicated question.

In case of app crash: exact steps to simulate > not needed, otherwise > always
In case of app does not response: best are steps to simulate, the log may not be always useful, but without simulation, we do not have anything better
Other cases: depends but usually description is enough. I ask for log in case, I see that it may help.

In this case, it probably won't contain anything useful, but if you have 10 minutes, I'll definitely look on it if you create and send one, thanks.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on November 28, 2018, 08:12:18
when to send logs: complicated question.

In case of app crash: exact steps to simulate > not needed, otherwise > always
In case of app does not response: best are steps to simulate, the log may not be always useful, but without simulation, we do not have anything better
Other cases: depends but usually description is enough. I ask for log in case, I see that it may help.
@menion - another thought of Locus not responding - I have disabled auto-sync for my Google account. This means I manually sync email if/when I rarely check email on my phone. Could this explain the lockup?
  •  

john_percy

Using a Mapsforge Multilingual map of Great Britain from OpenAndroMaps and any theme (eg internal General theme or my Voluntary ML theme) I'm finding that zooming from ZL15 to ZL14 results in portions of the text layer not being drawn (left). The text layer is drawn if I change to a standard LoMap and back to the ML map (right).
Example: Long Buckby N52.29568 W001.09262:

•