[APP] - version 3.33/3.34 ( 26. 9. 2018 )

Started by Menion, September 26, 2018, 21:40:46

Čelda

Quote from: c.s.g. on November 01, 2018, 20:48:18
There is a mix of own geocacheicons (for example Tradis and Multis) and original Locus geocaheicons (for example Mysteries). See video.
Mysteries should look similar like the tradi or multi-icon. I. e. blue circle with a with questionmark.

c.s.g.

I confirm this. Moreover, with guiding on and the compass view Locus 3.34.0 indicates a totally wrong distance to the target (thousands of km away) even though the target (a geocache) is just a few meters from me. (Luckily, it works OK in the little compass on the top line of the map view, which is a salvage for now.) This release did not please geocachers at all ...
  •  

Udo

Quote from: Leeds Tyke on November 01, 2018, 19:50:03
GC Summary icons no longer display correctly with the new version (3.34.0). Terrain/Difficulty/Size often missing.

I am not sure that menion answered to this post, but the individual geocaching icons are not working in 3.34.0 anymore.

kind regards

Udo
  •  

john_percy

1. Navigate using Google gives an "over query limit". Not sure how long this has been the case.
2. Navigate using Brouter gives a ridiculous estimated journey time for car journeys. This is new, though the time used to be up to twice as long as real life.
3. Voice commands in Brouter car navigation give "in nought point seven miles..." etc which sounds very odd to an English ear. Better would be "in one thousand yards" or "in three quarters of a mile". This is long standing.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

c.s.g.

Quote from: Udo on November 04, 2018, 11:12:18
Quote from: Leeds Tyke on November 01, 2018, 19:50:03
GC Summary icons no longer display correctly with the new version (3.34.0). Terrain/Difficulty/Size often missing.

I am not sure that menion answered to this post, but the individual geocaching icons are not working in 3.34.0 anymore.

kind regards

Udo

He did.
  •  

Menion

@Čelda
heh nice distance. Fixed thanks

@john_percy
this will be more complicated.

1. well this is really old implementation and most probably with a change of pricing model, old key to access Google navigation stopped work. Because using results of Google Nav. in Locus Map is agains "terms of use" of Google comp., no sure about the future of this small feature ...

2. times in case of BRouter should be computed based on your own driving. In case, you spend some time in car in city, times may be overestimated. Will have to improve this over winter.

3. so it is generally better, not to speak values lower then 1 mile? What about for example 1600 yards? Better to say yards directly then 0.9 mile?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

So, I think
1. Remove Google navigation if it doesn't work ;)
2. Thanks for the explanation. Does that mean the algorithm hasn't changed, just my usage or driving? (I guess I noticed the difference when I changed back to Pro version after the beta expired.) I presume it does know the difference between my walking habits and my driving habits? I would welcome an improvement in any case. An estimate of 8 hours for a 1 hour journey seemed a bit extreme.
3. I don't know whether the distances are preselected or if they are randomly produced at intervals during the navigation. My first preference if the distances are preselected would be to select from "three quarters of a mile, half a mile, a quarter of a mile, xxx yards". Otherwise, "xxx yards" below 999 yards and probably (but less certainly) "xxxx yards" between 1000 yards and a mile.
  •  

Menion

1. have to check it in "free" time. It's still available only after editing of config.cfg so I do not worry about malfunction too much :).
2. nono, there is the difference. App analyze your movement based on type of navigation and also based on activity in track recording profile. So walking should not mess computed speed for driving etc. Anyway, more inner logic is definitely needed, I'm aware of it.
3. currently it is : below 1000 years: xxxx yards, and above x.x miles . Oki, I've changed it to keep yeards below one mile, thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

john_percy

Thanks
1. OK. I'd forgotten I'd edited config.sys.
2. So, does it only learn from recorded tracks, not simply following navigation? That seems not so good.
3. 1000 years is an awful long time!!!  ::)
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
every time you update the free version we have an update for beta also, in this case it switch from beta to free, not a problem at the same time I have the pro updated.
But why does we need to update beta to free? Why we can not switch from a beta to the new one skipping the normal free stage?
I think it's the store policy but it's unpleasant for a beta user.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Christian

Adequate values for elevation gain in route planner bottom panel in v3.34.1 now.
Thank you menion.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: lor74cas on November 05, 2018, 16:47:41
Hello,
every time you update the free version we have an update for beta also...
+1
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Quoteevery time you update the free version we have an update for beta also,
+1

missing words/strings on crowdin

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on November 06, 2018, 13:58:55
i think it's a part of the addon. isn't it?

balloni55

Quote from: gynta on November 06, 2018, 14:54:01
Quote from: balloni55 on November 06, 2018, 13:58:55
i think it's a part of the addon. isn't it?
i dont think so ;)
wording has changed

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
heh, 1000 years :).
2) also from navigation ... as I wrote: "App analyze your movement based on the type of navigation and also based on activity in track recording profile"

@lor74cas
hmm ... Locus Map Free and Beta version are equal applications. Google Play serve to user latest available version. So if I publish new final version, it is always younger then Beta version. Also, these Beta versions are mainly to test and validate changes before release, so why to play with them after new version is out?

@balloni55, @gynta
GC Offlinizer was really changed. It was made maybe two days before release so I left only English translation there.
And new "hidden" Expert settings menu: it will always be only English. As I mentioned a few times somewhere, I would like to one by one, move everything from config.cfg here (and in the end remove config.cfg) > a lot of texts for advanced users > English needed.
  •