[APP] - version 3.33/3.34 ( 26. 9. 2018 )

Started by Menion, September 26, 2018, 21:40:46

john_percy

I removed a world map and now get this error at start up. What to do?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Hello John
please try
menu/settings/Maps/Offline maps/Pre-load global map/Disabled
Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

Thanks. I'd tried that but then realised these maps were in a different folder than the one I had been looking at. Now sorted!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Friday late afternoon ... little late, but new Beta version.

*** 3.34.1.2 ***
news after the start as usual. Hope, no serious crashes will be there anyway if happen ... ;)
Thanks and enjoy weekend!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The new application icon on Android 8 is very nice.
  •  

Menion

Good to know. I'm sure that @scinkk (as the author of this icon) will like your post ;)
  •  

Andrew Heard

3.34.1.2 & Pro 3.34.1 - I notice the message regards change of preset is now displayed so quickly it is nearly too quick to read. Previously it stayed on the screen a little too long. It could be a little longer to allow reading, or alternately don't display at all? When a user selects a preset do they need to be told further?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Falco

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 17, 2018, 07:51:11
3.34.1.2 & Pro 3.34.1 - I notice the message regards change of preset is now displayed so quickly it is nearly too quick to read. Previously it stayed on the screen a little too long. It could be a little longer to allow reading, or alternately don't display at all? When a user selects a preset do they need to be told further?

I like it, before the change it was in the way. It did cover my current position if you use the option allign my position at bottom. But now it could confuse people who don't know about it.

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on November 16, 2018, 18:45:32
The new application icon on Android 8 is very nice.
@menion please don't forget to update the API Icon if your work on the new Android icon design is done:
https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/tree/master/locus-api-android-sample/_data/graphics
  •  

Menion

A few months ago I had to change the system of notifications. These "toasts" are now attached to screen and not freely floating. In this case, info toast is attached to "Presets" screen, which is anyway immediately hidden, so toast does not have enough time to display itself.
Improved little bit. You won't probably like me, because this add's 2 seconds delay when using presets, but let's try it in practice :).

Icons for other add-ons or API: sure, just wait a while. I counted 13 sets of icons we need x 5 resolutions x 3 icons per resolution (1 for old A7- and 2 for new A8+), so a lot of work. We'll first test it on Free/Pro version, then generate rest of icons.
  •  

Falco

Quote from: menion on November 18, 2018, 10:25:47this add's 2 seconds delay when using presets

In which version is this 2 seconds delay included? I would like to test it because I use presets to assign hardware buttons to layout actions for example for my hardware button dashboard I need to use presets because there is no action task for "display dashboard".

This goes so far that I do even use a slow double click to enable and disable dashboard in 1 second to do a quick check on one dashboard value. All this during active screen lock to prevent wrong touch events caused by sweaty screen.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
https://coord.info/GC22ZQ8
- this geocache was imported to locus and after click on cache label the listing opened immediately :)
- in the meantime i´ve solved the puzzle  and i´ve corrected the coords with PC on GS
- next i update this cache with locus
- now after click on cache label it takes ~10sec with PRO and ~35sec with BETA ??? till listing is visible.

Other caches with corrected coords open furthermore immediately :)

by playing with this issue i found:
if a cache inside locus with "original coords" is marked computed  and i update it to get the corrected coords from GS, the cache icon stay on the original coords. Additional a WP with corrected coords is created in waypoint tab.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

The "Exit" option near the end of the main menu has disappeared from the latest beta. Is that intentional?
  •  

balloni55

Hello John
"Exit" is only available if "FullScreen" is enabled
with PRO and BETA
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

Menion

I wanted to answer the same, but seems even with full screen, "exit" is not there :). I'll look at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

•  

balloni55

Quote"exit" is not there
for me it is V 3.34.1.2
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •