BRouter and route planner problem ?

Started by sbouju, September 21, 2018, 11:06:25

sbouju

Just tried again the Locus route planning fonction, and I no longer can have Locus constructing a route following roads, when BRouter is selected in the navigation settings. I have not this and all is working fine when GraphHopper is choosed in place of BRouter, in those navigation settings.
  •  

Andrew Heard

You don't say what Locus version you are having trouble with. The Route Planner with BRouter compute source is working fine for 3.32.2 Pro & 3.32.2.8 for me. Can you be more specific what your problem is?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

sbouju

Tested with version 3.32.2 for the Pro version, and 3.32.2.8 for the testing free version.

Under, two screens for the same test, one realized with the BRouter option for data source in the navigation settings and resulting with a straight line (1), the other with the Graphhopper option (2).

I add that when using the BRouter option, I have the following alert msg evoquing a connection problem (?), "T:cannot connect to service", and I need to stop the process by clicking on the white "X" on blue circle icon.

PS: and sorry for my bad english, whichdoes not help...

•  

Menion

Hmm, I'm aware of some problem on Android 8, when an app wants to recalculate and the screen is turned off. It should not be this case. Anyway ... Android 8?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

sbouju

Yes, Android 8.0.0, on this OnePlus 3T...

So, I tried again with my XPeria Z3C (under Android 6.0.1), and bingo! no such problem on it ! :)
  •  

sbouju

Is this problem from BRouter, or from Locus, or both, or other...?
And is there any chance to see it solved? But may be I need to report it first in a more right place...
  •  

Menion

Hi,
I remember I spend on this problem few hours and wasn't able to find anything useful. Looked to me like an optimization bug in Android. I'm trying it now on Android 9 and it works correctly. So it really looks like a problem of Android 8 where app is simply unable to contact 3rd party service (service of other application) when is in the background (screen turned off). I'm worried you will a) have to use Graphhopper routing or b) have the screen turned on or c) update to Android 9.

And I'll have to improve this in app as well and give some hint to Android 8 users, what is wrong :/.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

sbouju

Thanx, Menion.

The good thing is that I can compare much more often the routings between BRouter on the Sony and GraphHopper on th OnePlus. And then, it is easy to have both GPXs on both smartphones   ;) For that, I send then to each other with Telegram, very convenient!  :)
  •  

sbouju

Just for pointing that I no longer have the problem... on my recent new smartphone (under Android 9)  8)...

And no, I have not bought it (just) for that !  ;)
  •  

Menion

Stupid that some serious problems depend on the Android version (sometimes it's even worst and problem depends on Android version + manufacturer) ... anyway, even I do not like the purchase of new devices when old still work, I'm glad you have a working solution :).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jajaballard

sbouju

A point of this still alive bug: my OnePlus 3T has bee upgraded to Android 9, now, but the problem remains the same; unable to use BRouter on it as routing service.

Under is a screenshot of my screen showing what occurs when the error comes...
  •  

michaelbechtold

I think the trigger for this series of issues is a choice BRouter DEV made: it enforces a new selection of storage path for the BRouter storage. I saw 3 or 4 options when upgrading to 1.5.x
You make the wrong choce, you are doomed - and to manually repair.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 24, 2019, 16:53:22
I think the trigger for this series of issues is a choice BRouter DEV made: it enforces a new selection of storage path for the BRouter storage. I saw 3 or 4 options when upgrading to 1.5.x
You make the wrong choce, you are doomed - and to manually repair.
Before, I had configured Brouter BRF files to be in [ext]\Brouter\BRF\ (I think) - a choice which the dialog did not give me. At this point I was already thinking "OK, I will have to spend much time here now". :) I chose the [ext]\Android\Data\ path which is always a good idea, but the result was: I had to copy the brf files manully there. And I had to copy the routing files to a brouter-path on the internal SD, for Locus to find them. I was thinking: 1 of 100 people are able to solve that on their own :D
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

NickJP

I uninstalled and reinstalled BRouter for the latest 1.5.5 version, and used the new default location of /Android/data/btools.routingapp/files/brouter for profiles and segments. I then went into Settings / Navigation in Locus, changed navigation data source to BRouter, tapped on the three line menu at the right-hand side of the navigation data source option, tapped on the wrench icon, and activated Advanced settings. If you do that you will then find that you can tap on the "ROUTING PROFILE" dropdown arrow, and the BRouter profiles you have in /Android/data/btools.routingapp/files/brouter/profiles2 will appear in the list below the Locus profiles and can be selected.
  •  

sbouju

@NickJP : thank you, just done all this power function I had never seen nor tried (for me, I had no need to uninstall&reinstall BRouter).

Note that for my (no so important...) problem, there is no positive effect.
  •