[APP] - version 3.32.+ ( 31. 7. 2018 )

Started by Menion, July 31, 2018, 13:19:59

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on August 06, 2018, 16:15:41
Quote from: menion on August 06, 2018, 09:18:45
@tapio
setup of "climbing/descending/flat speeds" is overkill
OK! Hey, Locus already does calculate decent ETAs internally for the temporary track... and also offers it in route planner (Menu -> Travel time) - There is "Bergwandern (mountain hiking)" which would be more appropriate for me for display in the bottom bar.

BTW as you probably know, Germany has a norm for this (DIN 33466):

Up: <u> meters
Down: <d> meters
Horizontal: <h> meters

Conservative assumption - the hiker walks per hour:
300m up
500m down
4km horizontal

Calculation:
a = u/300 + d/500
b = h/4
c = greater value of a and b
d = smaller value of a and b

Walking time: (0.5*c + d) hours

Interesting algorithm, I tried to insert my current trailrunning data and return a satisfactory ETA. Maybe the fatigue factor is missing, as the number of kilometers increases or the difference in height takes over the fatigue that makes slowing down, while the proposed formula is linear, the reality is a curve.
Obviously you have to compare similar data to get reliable results, you can not enter a time on 100 meters to look for time in the marathon.
However, it has a very good approximation to reality, thanks.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Christian

Tapio was faster then me. The hint for the DIN in Germany and for the original Swiss Standard is here on the right place. Thank you for this.
I have a huge database with all my activities including times and elevation, distances etc. And also a simple tool in Excel to calculate the needed time based on the DIN Standard. Computing the average of the appropriate values of my tracks from my db leads always to wrong values, only the values computed from the DIN are right.
The ETA value in Route Planner are always empty in my case because mostly i use a mix of profiles and sometimes the designed tracks are from Brouter Web or i use profile "hiking beta" oder another custom profile template for mountain biking. So no information about the used profiles are available / reliable and the ETA function are not available to me :(

I want Locus to be the "Swiss knife" for my purposes = all-in-one tool. The ETA / needed time is one of the key features i need for planning my routes. Just now i do this within an Excel sheet (and link / compare the values with the time between Sunrise / Sunset <- this idea is free of charge for menion). I would like to have this stuff inside Locus and in a way that work (from within the first track). So @menion, please check the Standard and check your algorithm. Please give us the overkill of "setup of climbing/descending/flat speeds" because it is the only way to get reliable values. Thank you.

For those who are interested in the meantime in calculation. xls or online
I adapted the values in the xls sheet for biking, trail running a.s.o. Works fine.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: lor74cas on August 06, 2018, 17:56:22
Interesting algorithm, I tried to insert my current trailrunning data and return a satisfactory ETA. Maybe the fatigue factor is missing, as the number of kilometers increases or the difference in height takes over the fatigue that makes slowing down, while the proposed formula is linear, the reality is a curve.
Obviously you have to compare similar data to get reliable results, you can not enter a time on 100 meters to look for time in the marathon.
However, it has a very good approximation to reality, thanks.
You can use the swiss formula and you will geht mor accurate values.
t_t0 = {L · [C0 + (C1 · S) + (C2 · S2) + (C3 · S3) + (C4 · S4) + (C5 · S5) + (C6 · S6) + (C7 · S7) + (C8 · S8) + (C9 · S9) + (C10 · S10) + (C11 · S11) + (C12 · S12) + (C13 · S13) + (C14 · S14) + (C15 · S15)]} / 1000
(L = Horizontaldistanz; S = Steigung; C = Konstante)
Source
And you can insert conditions of the pathes into the formula also / or use different values for running and trailrunning and alpin trail running...
End of OT.
  •  

Tapio

I've read about the swiss formula; looks like we need a realistic example here. I've searched quite a lot and did not find what those magic constants are.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Condor

What about this?
Next we will not get ....

Other...

Sign in via email? Wich one? What?
Any registration for Locus? Or google mail? Or?
Facebook I do not use.

After 9 hours of work to repair what Locus has corrupted. I do not have a mood for this fact.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: tapio on August 05, 2018, 08:33:52
I cannot save tracks from route planner any more. Buttons at the bottom are missing. In fullscreen mode, old story.
I need to bring the keyboard (SwiftKey) up, then the buttons appear.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: tapio on August 06, 2018, 19:19:40
I've read about the swiss formula; looks like we need a realistic example here. I've searched quite a lot and did not find what those magic constants are.
http://www.wandern.ch/download.php?id=265_984bc5d8
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

TimoG

Thanks for the new version.

BUG geocache waypoint:
New geocache waypoints can now be created and are immediately displayed.

But if I change for example the coordinates I first have to close the cache and call it again to see the changes....
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: Condor on August 06, 2018, 15:37:41
Or it is time to think (Menion) or it could be possible to generate a functional "Lite" version of Locus.
Only maps, points, navigation, geocaching.

Without trainers, sensors, bicycles, Fitnes, LT, chat, health records, Boats, planes, heart transplants .... and I do not know what's all in Locus.

Hehe, I know several people who won't touch Locus Map because of its complexity. A geocaching Lite version could be a solution for them, but personally, I like a lot of functions. But they have to work. Not able to add waypoints last week was very frustrating.

I also want to see a rock solid and reliable Locus Map. I do all my logging with GSAK as I don't thrust anything else at the moment. My wife is doing all logging with Locus Map and she experience strange error messages popping up from Locus that an error happened and "something" is stored for offline logging. But when we afterwards search, we cannot find anything stored for offline logging and everything seems to be correctly sent to the online api at groundspeak. Or so it seems :-)
The first thing I wish is more meaningful error messages when something goes wrong. A small popup which last half a second before it goes away is not user friendly and it does not say anything abot what is wrong, only that "something" happened.

And I find betatesting Locus Map is extremely difficult. Personally, I am testing on my live geocaching data. I don't want anything to go wrong with that. I don't want to come home from a trip and "test" 20 or 30 geocache find logs and 100-150 TB logs and experience a lot of trouble. So I mostly use GSAK for this as I know it works.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Condor

Menion

Many feedbacks, thanks.

I'll definitely look at ETA times and do some login behind to improve computed values. I'm currently communicating with Arndt and it looks like BRouter will compute ETA time also. So both GraphHopper and BRouter should return computed ETA times and the app should only modify these values little bit based on previous user activities. This is doable I believe.

Swiss or German (DIN 33466) method may be then used for the manual draw or in cases of some manual edit.

@tapio
issue in fullscreen: as wrote = long story. Try 3.32.2 or don't use full-screen

@TimoG
ah, thanks, have to check it

@Condor
I've already wrote excuses in different topic. Till now, I was not able to simulate any issues you wrote, sorry.

Problem with login: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/locus-store-not-working-with-google-account#comment-61298

The light version of an app? No chance, sorry.

Method for testing Geocaching API  - Locus Map BETA needed:
(Beta will be published today)
- enable experimental settings: long click on the main menu
- in experimental settings (settings screen at the bottom), enable
- since now, Locus will communicate with staging server: http://staging.geocaching.com/ (it is a copy of original server for testing purpose).
Feel free to play & test as you wish :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: menion on August 07, 2018, 10:53:39

- since now, Locus will communicate with staging server: http://staging.geocaching.com/ (it is a copy of original server for testing purpose).
Feel free to play & test as you wish :)

Can you explain what that means for me? Can I log found, dnf and whatever as much as I want on a cache without this affecting my profile on the "real" server and without cacheowner getting any emails and so on?
  •  

Menion

Exactly. This staging server is from time to time completely cleared and data from the original server are copied here.
Anyway, you may do whatever wants here.
Not sure if this is allowed to publish to users (access to this server), but because we need to solve some GC troubles, I consider this as best method how to allow you to play with GC API without worry.
Also in geocaching tools in app, at the top, you will see a note that "Staging server is active", just to be sure you enabled this correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: menion on August 07, 2018, 10:53:39
Method for testing Geocaching API  - Locus Map BETA needed:
(Beta will be published today)
- enable experimental settings: long click on the main menu

Is these experimental settings only available in the beta. I am not able to activate it in the non-beta version and I am not sure I long press the correct menu item.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: menion on August 07, 2018, 10:53:39So both GraphHopper and BRouter should return computed ETA times and the app should only modify these values little bit based on previous user activities.
I'm not sure about "the app should only modify these values little bit".  There is no absolute truth in calculated ETAs, looking at the users tracks will not help, our actions may be too versatile. You add unnecessary complexity.

Quote from: menion on August 07, 2018, 10:53:39The light version of an app? No chance, sorry.
Here I fully agree. It would be something else. People can already have something else. Locus is complex, has to be learnt no matter what. But we want it. We want the features it has.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: tapio on August 07, 2018, 12:59:46
Quote from: menion on August 07, 2018, 10:53:39So both GraphHopper and BRouter should return computed ETA times and the app should only modify these values little bit based on previous user activities.
I'm not sure about "the app should only modify these values little bit".  There is no absolute truth in calculated ETAs, looking at the users tracks will not help, our actions may be too versatile. You add unnecessary complexity.
+1
  •