display altimetry graph on screen?

Started by sweetman, July 17, 2018, 10:19:35

sweetman

Hello all,
I'm new to locus map and find it very powerfull.
But I don't know if it's possible to display the altimetry track graph (somethin like the image attached). Would be very helpfull for me, to know where I am and what kind of route I will face while riding.
But perhaps locus map (pro) can already do this? but I cannot find a way to set this.
Any suggestion will be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
tony
  •  

lor74cas

There is something in Locus that should help and I'm interested too, so I tried to set up a Custom Dashboard but i think to have found a little bug.
The chart displays the icon of every trackpoints and this is confusing. It should show just special trackpoints or the waypoints marked on the track as significant ( refreshment point of a race, time gate, intermediate goals ...) the best with the right icon.
I tried with a gpx and with brouter route planner inside locus with same results.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hello,
these are not trackpoints but a waypoints along the track. In this case, navigation waypoints, so places where Locus Map will notify.
In dashboard editor open your dashboard, tap on chart item and select "edit". Here uncheck "display labels", which should remove these items.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on July 19, 2018, 10:46:34
Hello,
these are not trackpoints but a waypoints along the track. In this case, navigation waypoints, so places where Locus Map will notify.
In dashboard editor open your dashboard, tap on chart item and select "edit". Here uncheck "display labels", which should remove these items.
In this way I have no info on axis and no info on the chart.
The waypoint marked as picnic is not shown in the proper way, it's a waypoint with different icon.
This is not the solution if you enable label there are too many red arrows. Why we can not have what locus is already present?
Look at the attachment

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hmm currently Locus Map draw all waypoints attached to track, so also a generated navigation waypoints.
Let's try it in next version, where these points will no longer draw on the chart ... feedback will be welcome, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on July 20, 2018, 13:00:38
Hmm currently Locus Map draw all waypoints attached to track, so also a generated navigation waypoints.
Let's try it in next version, where these points will no longer draw on the chart ... feedback will be welcome, thanks.
I'll give give you feedback in next version thank you

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: 0709 on July 20, 2018, 13:47:02
Quote from: menion on July 19, 2018, 10:46:34
@ Menion  Red arrows ?  rte ?
@ lor74cas   Your dashboard creation ? Share ?

In the track info the roadbook is ok if I try to show it on the map with custom  dashboard no.
In the attached file I compressed a gpx example and the last custom dashboard.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b51e25cf3e8f/roadbook.zip

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: lor74cas on July 20, 2018, 13:03:52
Quote from: menion on July 20, 2018, 13:00:38
I'll give give you feedback in next version thank you

The new beta improved the chart. Now there are no more confusing red arrows but it is still unable to show waypoints.
But this is much more better than before

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

sweetman

I just upgraded my locus map from free to pro,so now I should be able to show the chart over the map.
Are chart visible only when you are in the track you are "navigating".
I displayed only 1 track and the default blue dashboard, but the chart area display "no data for chart" (I'm at home now).
Is this correct?
Will the chart display my position related to the altitude I'm at?
The chart display correctly in the track info chart tab.
Perhaps I'm missing something here. I'm pretty new to locus map.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Tony
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: 0709 on July 24, 2018, 11:50:30
@lor74cas.  Beta. At navigation. See attached pic.
@0709 Tried again with navigation and guidance but no way. Please send your dashboard and the track so I can see where I'm wrong

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: sweetman on July 24, 2018, 09:59:53
I just upgraded my locus map from free to pro,so now I should be able to show the chart over the map.
Are chart visible only when you are in the track you are "navigating".
I displayed only 1 track and the default blue dashboard, but the chart area display "no data for chart" (I'm at home now).
Is this correct?
Will the chart display my position related to the altitude I'm at?
The chart display correctly in the track info chart tab.
Perhaps I'm missing something here. I'm pretty new to locus map.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Tony
Just wait for the bug/feature fix now testing in beta release. When all we'll be ok I'll explain you how to apply it.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

sweetman

Have I said I am new to Locus map yet? ;)
Well, I'm really new to Locus map, so I just discovered that I added the wrong "chart" to my dashboard (I've added the "record" chart and not the "navigating" chart").
I can display it now.
Thanks to all, anyway.
Tony
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: 0709 on July 24, 2018, 19:48:12
Hi, it is by using the dashboard you shared !  Tested on both Samsung Tab4 and THL4000.
In the Beta only displays the Via Points. In the actual Pro version displays Via AND Nav Points.  I also simulated by your test track from the same example zip. Does work too.  Simulation by a virtual drive moving the center position.  (Locus gps off and a config.cfg edit -> to simulate 5m/sec movement)
Own position shown by a dot on the distance glider.  (Only tested a 3 km test track ). I suppose for a  long track the trackline distance view should be limited to max 3km zoom following the user position, otherwise that displayed distance line will be cluttered by too many (close) Icons.
I can see lucky luke 🤠 and other waypoints on chart of your gpx.
But I cannot create the a visible way point on my tracks how did you create yours?
Please check my gpx file if you can understand where I'm wrong.
Thank you

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: 0709 on July 25, 2018, 20:09:35
Mobile now. Sorry for eventual typos. Answer. Open the (shared) gpx file on a pc by gpx editor (freeware).  See the used elements inclusive the used (sym) in the  associated wpt's of the used gpx file pse. Actual Locus version do support the gpx trk_navwpt method.  An improved Locus trackeditor selecting a Locus Icon from the internal Locus list also could have done such an EASY task. But nobody seems to asks for anymore. The Locus trackeditor by latest versions even has less functionality than in the older versions.  Pfffff...
So you have to find out the <sym>text when using gpxeditor. More info about all Locus map supported Garmin AND Locus Icons by <sym>text see the attachments in this link pse.  http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4178.msg50723#msg50723
Thank you for your explanation understood, so using locus it's not possible  to insert the "special" waypoints and I need to edit the gpx file on pc.
I'll try this way but I need time and if I have time there must be bad weather to keep me home at pc.
It's a pity that locus can not have this waypoints feature.

P.s.
Geekness is powerfull in you

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: 0709 on July 25, 2018, 21:38:30
Wait wait it is not impossible by Locus, but it could be faster and more simple by optimised trackeditor AFTER a navtrack was created !  What can you do now ?  At the position where you want that Icon you have to create a Via point by the planner ! So you need some extra more taps and than choose change your new created shape point to via point.  After this save  your finished navtrack.
Next: Display that navtrack with the via points. (Default Icon is  a blue down pointing arrow). Tap the arrow icon and than select edit.  Choose free name and new Icon by the internal Locus Icon list. (Garmin list or Locus list)
Roger ?   (That Locus method is the complicated geeky one)
Done with locus with your magic tutorial 🧙‍♂️

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •