Heart Rate Missing - tcx import

Started by Simon, June 24, 2018, 12:56:51

Simon

Hi,
maybe the problem is in front of the screen, but I couldn't figure out how to use the Huawei watch 2 (wear os 2) heart rate sensor with locus. Think it's not (yet) supported. However, I recorded some tracks with Google fit and tried to import them in locus. The trajectories are shown correctly but the heart rate is missing.

I've tried to append one of the tcx files but it didn't work. Here's a gdrive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ojdv02sG_vXO8eHSEe_vKaW8mylHBO9a/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope that works and helps
  •  

Menion

Good day Simon,
thanks for sharing a file. This TCX format is little unexpected for me. Heart rate values are stored in separate trackpoints without coordinates.
What I did now, is that I have attached heart rate values to previous trackpoints with coordinates.
Unfortunately result is not perfect, as you may see on screenshot.

May you post a screenshot with chart from any other app that display your data correctly? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Simon

Hi Menion, professor of locus  :)

Thanks for your quick reply!
Here are some screenshots of goggle fit

I think your strategy should work, since the trackpoints seem to be in the correct order (continuously increasing time). Unfortunately it doesn't look like the distance is calculated properly. The same values are used over a lot of trackpoints with big gaps in-between.

Have you tried plotting your modified version against time?
  •  

Menion

Time-based chart does not help here because trackpoints that create a chart simply miss HR values.
I made a little different change, so HR value is used for future trackpoints. 10 seconds was not enough, so I've set 60 seconds range. This means that HR value will be used for up to 60 seconds for next following trackpoints (or shorter if new fresh HR value appear).

The result is useful I believe

An even better solution should be to detect next HR value, interpolate values between and also do not use this HR value for next trackpoints if this is last HR value in the recording. Anyway, for now, current solution have to be enough. So next version ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Simon

Simon

The graph looks great. Thank you for your effort. I consider the topic as closed and will take the tcx file off
  •