Licensing errors

Started by userloser, May 23, 2011, 09:55:00

kelddaug

I have the issue too, with the latest version, when i loose net, but I can see that you are on it.  :)
  •  

Hyperplane

Yup, I am getting bothered by this too. -> "Application not licensed." I am using v1.8.2
  •  

userloser

Thanks for the reply and the quick response. As I said above, if the situation with the cracked copies is really bad, it is okay to insist on validations, it is no big deal really.

Naturally, I'll test any new version that comes out that has a fix of my issue. If helpful, I won't mind testing out the occasional development or beta build.

QuoteWhy is the validation even needed? Isn't the app locked to the phone anyway, so that copying it to another phone is not possible?

not locked on rooted devices. like all devices I own.
  •  

Menion

so version with improved mechanism is on market, so please let me know if same issue occur again ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

userloser

Excellent, thanks a lot.
  •  

Menion

ah there is probably some problem, damn ... I'll have to release next fix tomorrow :)
  •  

userloser

Hehehe. No worries, we'll get the new version when it's out.
  •  

davidm

Well, after installing 1.8.3 yesterday, I ran it (also yesterday) and did a few operations with Wifi on, all worked ok. Today I ran the application and after using it for a few secs I received the same message with the only exception that it allows me to use Free version. So a bit better but not solved yet.
  •  

marlar

FYI, I had the same issue with 1.8.2 a couple of days ago. I have not yet tried the newest version.
  •  

Menion

will be similar. Today I will release new version. There will be only one check everytime you update or install new version. Then no more checks :) so I hope it will work ...
  •  

spaniokel

I still have problems with 'Problem with verifying applikation licence' I bought Pro Version on 22.05.2011 and installed version 1.8.3. Since than I get every day using Locus Pro this popup with tip to use it as Free Version! Why should I have payed for to use aFree Version? :oops:
  •  

Menion

Looks like I have to excuse every post ... I hope that I'll release today new version but I was testing GPSies support, so sorry ... now version will be tomorrow and I hope that this will be solved once forever! (but everything is possible but I'm really working on it)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  did anyone have still problems with licence check? I just received comment on market
"Very poor, don't pay for this. Maps are gone and licence check fails now everytime i use it...... failed me out in the middle of nowhere. AVOID!"

which makes me crazy, grr :). So I'm asking you. Current mechanism check only once after update (so you need internet connection after first run after update), but never more (until next update). I hope that this solution works and is acceptable for everyone. Hmm ...

let me know, thanks ...
  •  

marlar

I have not had problems recently. But perhaps you should consider if licensing validation is really worth the trouble?

Is piracy a big problem on Android?
  •  

Menion

yes it is. without actual system I had around 85% users who use only stolen app, so I want to do something with this. And best solution is working licence check ...
  •