How to.. export tracks and points problem

Started by Rob, May 19, 2011, 07:55:35

Rob

Hi,
I know the feature of exporting tracks and points.
BUT I cannot import them into any other app like Google maps, google earth, ..- always getting error:
("400. That's an error.
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That's all we know. ")
Further: cannot upload (share) points to e.g. Dropbox - error: "textupload not implemented yet" (do not know if this comes from Locus or Dropbox)

Can anybody help ?
How can I export e.g. a point to google maps/earth showing also description and foto (see example attached)
I frequently use the foto-feature together with track/point description to create my "tourbook", like it very much, but want to export it to MyMaps

thx for help.
regards
Rob
  •  

Menion

hmm, it's more question into "Troubles" then to main informations so moved ...

anyway when I put your file into google earth, it show correctly. To show image, you have to change path in file to image. Actually there is

img src="data/photo_poi/Questura_1302868558553.png"

so change to some relative path to image, for example

img src="./photos/Questura_1302868558553.png"

and I'm sure it will work. And when you remove "width="60px" in description of image, you will see it in full size in Google earth ... nice ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

thx for quick reply. I think I know my problem: I just imported in google.maps with the google earth plugin, but not directly into google earth. And this is not working - for what reason ever.
Now I installed GE, and yep - it works - except I do not get the Foto, despite the correction you mentioned.
I think, the pathname is still wrong. Do you have any fast idea (without keeping you away from your fantastic development work :-)

krg Rob
  •  

Menion

I tested this with foto of my own and absolute path, so with "C:/photos/Questura_1302868558553.png" it works for me. I expect that with relative path it will work also, so please try absolute path ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

oh, I´m so stupid :?  I did not recognize, that the images is not automatically exported with the POI... so GE could not find the image, because there was no ... (shame on me).
So I copied the img. in a local directory, adapt the path - and - yippieh - it´s shown in GE, in full size  :D

But  - of cause - this leads to a wish:  ;)
can you do, that images linked to a poi or track will be exported as well when exporting ?

thx for your help and sorry for my stupidness...
Rob
  •