Organise your GPX - what to use on Windows?

Started by Michal Kabát, March 27, 2018, 12:39:17

Michal Kabát

Hi, so I have been using Locus for years now and I have a big collection of my track recordings in GPX files and in Locus.

Ideally, I would like to have a Windows application or a webapp on my desktop displaying my collection on big screen, organise and categorise it, etc., so that Locus is not cluttered with my trips from 5 years ago. And in Locus I would only like to keep trips for the past 6 months or so.

Ideally, the files should be kept private, not available to everyone (e.g. Wikiloc style). Is there any app like that?

Thank you!
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Michal,
I do not have a direct answer for your question, but I can tell what I do in this context (which is less than you want, but may be interesting still).
My use case is to have a history of my trips etc. AND to use the track to geo-tag all my photos (camera based geo tagging sucked a few years back, now I have a camera without). I am using "GeoSetter (beta)", which is focussed on photos, but also has a table of tracks you can select. Hence the organizing into (Windows) folders is a manual thing, but then you can visualize all or a selection of tracks on a map with simple clicks.
And the main purpose is another click away: geo-tag fotos in yet another Windows folder, by timestamp association. You can even adjust automatically if GPS and camera clock differ.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Saturo

•  

ThomasD.

Why not use Locus?

You can use an android emulator like Memu or boot into Phoenix OS. Both come with Playstore.
I switched from Memu to Phoenix, because native Android under X86 is much faster than emulated.

You can install Phoenix like just another Windows app, no hassle with partitions as with Linux.
Regards,
Tom
  •  

Tapio

Vice versa here, cannot help. Perfect organisation in Locus, exact same GPX file system folder structure on Android and Windows, rather meant as backup.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

ThomasD.

Quote from: ThomasD. on March 27, 2018, 20:24:34
I switched from Memu to Phoenix,
4 years later: Running Locus with Windows 11 and Windows Subsystem Android (WSA). Use google for a hack getting Playstore running with WSA.
Regards,
Tom
  •