[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

lor74cas

Quote from: lor74cas on May 13, 2018, 16:31:25
Quote from: menion on May 11, 2018, 14:16:31
Btw. is anyone using Tasker application for some automation? I've created quite interesting feature ( https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/wiki/Action-tasks-(Broadcasts) ) a week ago, so I'm curious if someone find it useful :).

Following this tutorial:
http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/integrate-google-assistant-with-tasker-using-join-ifttt.206/

Now google assistant can start the recording profile "live" that I set up in locus with automatic start of livetracking. No need to touch the phone.
An add on to the profile should be the automatic send to your selected contacts by e-mail/sms/whatsup... of message that they now can follow me on locus or on the site.
<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="5.1m">
   <Profile sr="prof17" ve="2">
      <cdate>1526833426177</cdate>
      <clp>true</clp>
      <edate>1526834042115</edate>
      <id>17</id>
      <mid0>16</mid0>
      <mid1>19</mid1>
      <nme>Bt On Off Locus</nme>
      <State sr="con0" ve="2">
         <code>3</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">mydevice</Str>
         <Str sr="arg1" ve="3"/>
      </State>
   </Profile>
   <Task sr="task16">
      <cdate>1526221014713</cdate>
      <edate>1526834008723</edate>
      <id>16</id>
      <nme>Locus Paused</nme>
      <pri>100</pri>
      <Action sr="act0" ve="7">
         <code>559</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Locus paused</Str>
         <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">default:default</Str>
         <Int sr="arg2" val="3"/>
         <Int sr="arg3" val="5"/>
         <Int sr="arg4" val="5"/>
         <Int sr="arg5" val="1"/>
         <Int sr="arg6" val="0"/>
         <Int sr="arg7" val="0"/>
      </Action>
      <Action sr="act1" ve="7">
         <code>548</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Locus paused</Str>
         <Int sr="arg1" val="1"/>
      </Action>
      <Action sr="act2" ve="7">
         <code>877</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">com.asamm.locus.ACTION_TASK</Str>
         <Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
         <Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg4" ve="3">tasks: { track_record: { action: "pause", name: "geo" } }</Str>
         <Str sr="arg5" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg6" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg7" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg8" ve="3"/>
         <Int sr="arg9" val="0"/>
      </Action>
   </Task>
   <Task sr="task19">
      <cdate>1526221014713</cdate>
      <edate>1526833994740</edate>
      <id>19</id>
      <nme>Locus Started</nme>
      <pri>100</pri>
      <Action sr="act0" ve="7">
         <code>559</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Locus started</Str>
         <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">default:default</Str>
         <Int sr="arg2" val="3"/>
         <Int sr="arg3" val="5"/>
         <Int sr="arg4" val="5"/>
         <Int sr="arg5" val="1"/>
         <Int sr="arg6" val="0"/>
         <Int sr="arg7" val="0"/>
      </Action>
      <Action sr="act1" ve="7">
         <code>548</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Locus started</Str>
         <Int sr="arg1" val="1"/>
      </Action>
      <Action sr="act2" ve="7">
         <code>877</code>
         <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">com.asamm.locus.ACTION_TASK</Str>
         <Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
         <Str sr="arg2" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg3" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg4" ve="3">tasks: { track_record: { action: "start", name: "geo" } }</Str>
         <Str sr="arg5" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg6" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg7" ve="3"/>
         <Str sr="arg8" ve="3"/>
         <Int sr="arg9" val="0"/>
      </Action>
   </Task>
</TaskerData>

It works but has a some strange behaviour.

First of all each one has to configure his device that triggers the tasker action.
If left blank every BT connected will active the tasker trigger. I usually wear a Garmin forerunner sometimes I share data with bt to my wife phone so I want that the action triggers only when my bt car device connects.

Second I declared a profile to start and stop named geo. But this Locus react in this way to the intent:
If the profile exists in locus than it is started or paused, if it does not exists it starts or pause the default profile (I did not expect this).

Third if there is not any track recording started, the pause intent starts a recording but it starts paused.

This is my 0.0.1 version of the task and needs some improvement but I need some explanation about the 3 points I wrote.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@Condor
hmm you are right. I've discovered even worst use-case in route planner, where current system when moving points, complete lost it's usage.
About "the following user", good idea. I'll keep it in my mind.

List of attributes: what a useful page. This list is 100% valid? May I use it and set attributes based on this?

Thanks for a other feedback related to filter, will consider it, thanks.

@lor74cas
About first point, this is related to how tasker work.
Second: good point, will improve it
Third: well "pause" should probably work only in case of recording currently run, I'll improve it as well, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on May 21, 2018, 11:56:54
@lor74cas
About first point, this is related to how tasker work.
The 1st point it's about the easy of use of the tasker script:
My idea is to make it generic and if a user want's to fire it up only with a specific device, he can configure it in this way.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Condor

List of Attributes
The geowiki page seems OK. Number 66 also agrees with
https://www.geocaching.com/about/icons.aspx
According to geoviki, set available options for individual attributes.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

*** BETA version 3.31.0 RC ***
Main changes related to new points filter, where is now new "Filter manager", a new screen where you may save/restore predefined filters. Tap on the icon of folder now allows to quickly load folder content based on the predefined filters.
And some other changes as well.
I'm today leaving for a few days vacation, but at the start of the week, I fix reported and found issues and hope that during Wednesday, we will be able to publish new stable version.
Have a nice time!
  •  

LocusUser#1

3.31.0 RC

My opinion on the setting dialogues:
1. An unnecessary complication of the structure of the settings. Why these additional levels, are there still a lot of settings to it?

2. The German translation has become worse, has Google translated?

General:
Unsightly display under map items

in mapsforge maps V4 the roads are shown too thick, this is the same for every theme.

greets
Frank
  •  

Condor

Filters:
- They seem to work properly
- "filter manager" and Tap menu icon is a good job.

Circle 161m (limit):
- The circle around the final is OK
- the circle around the original coordinates (virtual point) - Not good (there is no limit)

+ recommendation for 161 limits:
- If this function is to be perfect, virtual cache must also be excluded. (Event (M, G), Cito, Earth, Virtual, Lab, L&F)

FN manager:
- Tap and hold on log to edit OK

Cache detail offline log edit:
- Can not edit TB! I will save the log with the TB settings I have visited. Then I want to fix on eg. insert. It can not be changed. The original selection will remain gray (unavailable). Each edit creates a new TB record!
So it works? Definitely not.
(You'll know my troubleshooting, even those that will happen later)

Magnifier:
- poor position orientation
(I wrote another place)
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: lor74cas on May 20, 2018, 18:48:50

Second I declared a profile to start and stop named geo. But this Locus react in this way to the intent:
If the profile exists in locus than it is started or paused, if it does not exists it starts or pause the default profile (I did not expect this).

Third if there is not any track recording started, the pause intent starts a recording but it starts paused.

This is my 0.0.1 version of the task and needs some improvement but I need some explanation about the 3 points I wrote.

With RC version the start intent now works correctly with the specified profile. In case there is no "geo" profile does nothing as expected.

The pause intent pause every running recording and not the specific one "geo".

Happy vacation and stay away from every smartphone

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Today on Pro LT error. My usual profile changed on it's settings, all fields value was 90. Changed only user name and worked as usual but it was a strange behaviour.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Thanks for pre-release feedback guys.

@LocusUser#1
about settings, @Michal give you best possible answer, anyway idea behind it is not to make access to certain settings as fast as possible, but make it as logical as possible.

Cannot say how good is German translation, but you may check it on your own here: https://crowdin.com/project/menion . I believe it is very good as usual ;).

"MapItems" layout: thanks.

Roads in V4 themes: to be true, I have no idea how app may affect this.

@Condor
Circles ... more complicated then it looks. Because you specify a folder for which points circles will be drawn, it complicates a situation. Maybe we may change this system and create a simple function "draw 161m circles around caches", which will then draw these circles correctly about all correct caches/waypoints on the map, no matter if they come from the database, live map etc. What do you think?

Editing of created TB log: yep, it is not possible now. If log is greyed, it should mean that it is already uploaded! I'll look at it.

@lor74cas
pause intent: and what you expect? :). You wants "pause", and it happen. No matter what profile is used. Also in docs, there is no info about supported "profile" for "pause" action.

And LT error ... aa yep, we know about it. @Milan look on it tomorrow, we definitelly needs to get rid of it, thanks.
  •  

Condor

Quote from: menion on May 29, 2018, 21:58:17
@Condor
Editing of created TB log: yep, it is not possible now. If log is greyed, it should mean that it is already uploaded! I'll look at it.

Do not you mean that seriously?
I've just checked the GCs and yes!
All my OFF-LINE attempts I NEVER sent online and deleted on the device are recorded on the GC website !!!
The whole thing ..... does not work this way.

I'm going to delete the 30 records from the page ....

When and at what occasion did Locus send it?

+ Edit:
I did not use the option to send an online log.
I did not even use TB to update it once. (I know this action will send a log)

+Another problem
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/improve-trackable-handling-within-locus-especially-for-offline-logging#comment-57572
  •  

Menion

Yep, seriously. This most probably happens at the moment, you tried to "load" or "refresh" your "inventory".
At this moment, Locus needs to upload all your currently existing (and not yet uploaded) TB logs and after that, it is possible to download real state of your inventory.

You wrote that you do not log caches online? And how you then want to log a trackables? How you logged them in previous app versions? Trackable logs were always uploaded immediately.
  •  

Condor

@Menion
But this is an effort (from your side) to make OFFLINE TB logs ;-)

All these problems ... the solution is elsewhere.
  •  

Condor

@Menion

Construct functionality so that you can send a TB log without sending the log cache is incorrect. (Border with GC rules).
This is all the more when it's done in the background without a clear action by the user.

E.g.:  activity in another cache (inadvertently) sends the TB log from a completely different Offline record.
Bad.

+edit
So, according to the results of my activity (unjustified log on the GC page) I came to the conclusion that not only reload TB sends TB (there is a notice so it is relatively OK). But also LOAD TB! (No Alert!) So LOAD is actually UPLOAD SEND!
If I believed this would ever work smoothly so I suggested to rename the button. But this construction is waiting for further problems. So it does not matter.

Why did you choose this complicated path to a simple result?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on May 29, 2018, 21:58:17
Thanks for pre-release feedback guys.

@lor74cas
pause intent: and what you expect? :). You wants "pause", and it happen. No matter what profile is used. Also in docs, there is no info about supported "profile" for "pause" action.

And LT error ... aa yep, we know about it.

Pause intent has to be directed to a profile.
If I'm not geocaching, as the tasker script is  made for, and I want to track my car trip when bt starts the locus recording stops.
It'd be useful an intent to start and stop just LT. It can work inverse of geocaching tasker script. Every time I start my car trip, the car bt connects and starts LT sending a message to a contact with a link something like " look I'm here follow me"

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •