[Theme] TOTM (V3)

Started by Magellan, January 29, 2018, 16:09:50

Magellan

Tiramisù as OpenTopoMap

No routes, only topography, better larger zoom.

for V3 maps

On the OAM maps, there are intermittent streams, embankment, ridges, cutlines, etc....

It is recommended to use with the "Hill shading" map is ON - that the similarity is maximized.

There was no purpose to do an exact copy, but to use the best features.

OpenTopoMap -> https://www.opentopomap.org

Update: ver1.8 (15/02/2018)
- again redrawn the forest, with transparency. Now it is correctly mixed with other fills and objects.
- added or changed: mountain_pass | saddle, natural = stone, tower: communication, volcano, turning_circle, man_made = adit | adit_disused, wells water_well, waterfall, summit: *, fixed reservoir | basin, redrawed bare_rock, completed the color of main roads
- the mapping of the mountainous terrain has been reworked,
- added a layer of "Winter routes", the display - slightly adjusted copy-paste from the built-in theme "Skiing"
adjusted visibility on different zoom levels amenity|waterway / natural = drinking_water|water_point|spring|fountain

Update: ver1.9.2 (15/01/2019)
landuse kindergarten, school...
contour path text rotate_up=false (always uphill")
selection of landuse hospital, residential, adjustment of overlays
slightly thicker contour lines
removed signatures on fence | wall | city_wall
added water sources zoom-min= " 13"
added barrier=turnstile (OAM), name=neighbourhood|quarter
and other things...

Christian

Hi Magellan,
nice theme - i will test it.
Please have a look at the last two images. In comparison i miss the small track on the "Eberstein"-summit in your theme. Its a highway= track tracktype=grade5...

Christian
  •  

Magellan

Hi, Christian

I undertook a little investigation.

On the right screenshot - the OAM map with the date of actuality of the data 21/11/2017.
Changes in the OSM were made by the user https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Schermy in the changeset https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/54356780

JOSM says it was 05/12/2017

This track is not yet in the map data. :)

Update:
On the updated OAM maps, the track are in place.
Thanks for testing, Christian!
  •  

Christian

Thank you. So i have to update my maps also.
  •  

Magellan

Fresh versions of this theme will appear in the first post.
It is preferable to use only their.
Today the theme is updated.
  •  

zossebart

Thank you for your efforts!
The Theme looks really nice!
  •  

flyingman_ch

Will there be a version for v4 maps?
  •  

zossebart

I would also be very interested in a v4 version!
  •  

Magellan

V4 is possible if the developer supports locus-extended= "1", scale-line-dy-by-zoom=" 1 " and other features.

For now - update the V3 theme - it is more accurate. (in the first post - ver1.9.2)

flyingman_ch

QuoteSO new setup of system:
V3 maps: offer V3 (basic + locus-extended) themes
V4+ maps: offer V4+ themes

see https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6471.msg54919#msg54919
  •  

Magellan

I understand, from the discussion below, the developer refused to support locus-extended = "1", scale-line-dy-by-zoom = "1" and other features.
Those. need to rewrite the whole theme TOTM. I don't know how to do it yet. If there are intelligible tips on redoing, then I will definitely do it.
  •  

Menion

Hello Magellan,
refuse is probably the correct word :). Improved rendering system was created in time, it wasn't sure if MapsForge developers will continue in work or not. In these times, there is a new version of their library and it is not compatible with the old V3 system that Locus use for LoMaps and custom themes like this.

Adding support for all these custom parameters also to new V4 system is little "overkill". We currently have the same problem: we will need to completely convert internal themes into this new system and from what I know, it will be quite complicated task because many special features that I made years before is not supported in new MapsForge library ... just for your info.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tobias

Refused is probably the wrong word; I don't think that the mapsforge developers ever got a pull request for those Locus extended theme rules that was refused. That would also be the easiest solution, if a mapsforge rendertheme V6 supports those tags, it would be much easier to adjust the themes. But someone has to write the pull request ;-)
In the meantime there's still things that are improved via the mapsforge community, one of last big issues is now gone - curved pathText is now working:
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge/pull/1112
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry for the miss-understanding.
I pointed "refuse" on myself. It is me, who refuse to do this in the first row. Definitely not any problem on the side of MapsForge developers.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

luce

Hi Magellan,

I want to say thank you for this great render theme. Looks really clear and overseeable on the first look. Looking forward to testing it!

Best,
luce
  •