Anyone here with Samsung A3, Android 7.0? Locus can't run in the background.

Started by Michal, January 16, 2018, 08:40:28

Michal

A Locus user reported that it is not possible to run Locus on this phone - it is always killed by OS when running in background - despite battery optimization is off, Locus excluded from any optimization modes. Does anybody here have any tips how to keep Locus running on this device? Thanks.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

tommi

Quote from: Michal on January 16, 2018, 08:40:28
A Locus user reported that it is not possible to run Locus on this phone - it is always killed by OS when running in background - despite battery optimization is off, Locus excluded from any optimization modes. Does anybody here have any tips how to keep Locus running on this device? Thanks.
I run Locus always as service, this helps also in case of low memory. Maybe it helps in this case as well?
  •  

Michal

Locus as service is one of many options how to prevent it from being killed but not always it works. We've got a collection of tips how to fight this issue on various devices (http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:gps_lost_fix_android6) but for the time being it seems none of them helps on Samsung A3 running on Android 7.0.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Did Michale manage to solve the run of Locus on the Galaxy A3? I'm thinking of buying it mainly because of a barometer and running Locus is a priority for me.

CZ: Podařilo se Michale nějak vyřešit běh Locusu na Galaxy A3? Uvažuji o jeho koupi hlavně kvůli barometru a provozování Locusu je pro mě prioritou.
  •  

Michal

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on January 25, 2018, 15:05:32
Did Michale manage to solve the run of Locus on the Galaxy A3? I'm thinking of buying it mainly because of a barometer and running Locus is a priority for me.

CZ: Podařilo se Michale nějak vyřešit běh Locusu na Galaxy A3? Uvažuji o jeho koupi hlavně kvůli barometru a provozování Locusu je pro mě prioritou.
Josefe I don't have any feedback so far. Nobody has answered yet.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Magellan

Michael, you need to check third-party apps such as battery widget (battery saver), or RAM optimizer... a lot of them all done. Something is killing the energy-intensive process... There are no miracles. Samsung makes a good firmware to their devices. (I have a J5 - no problems.)

Look for disguised "optimizer"!

Žajdlík Josef

Thank you guys for the answer. Just for clarification. Is it that Locus on A3 does not work when the screen goes out or only when minimized? I'm wondering if it makes any sense to buy A3. I've been wrong with Xperia M once. At A3 I'm just a barometer, otherwise I would have chosen Xiaomi. Locus is a top priority.

Cz: Děkuji kluci za odpověď. Jen pro upřesnění. Je to tak, že Locus na A3 při zhasnutí obrazovky vůbec nefunguje nebo jen tehdy když se minimalizuje? Jde mi o to, jestli má vůbec smysl A3 kupovat. Už jsem se tak jednou spletl s Xperií M. U A3 mi jde jen o barometer, jinak bych asi zvolil Xiaomi. Locus je naprostou prioritou.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Michael. I tried the combination of A3 and android 7 and everything works smoothly. I described it here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/en-auspicious-telephone-on-used-local If you were I needed to provide more detailed information, but I prefer to translate it in Czech, English into translators.

CZ: Ahoj Michale. Vyzkoušel jsem kombinaci A3 a android 7 a vše mi funguje bez problémů. Popsal jsem to zde: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/cz-spolehliv%C3%BD-telefon-na-pou%C5%BE%C3%ADv%C3%A1n%C3%AD-locusu Pokud bys potřeboval, mohu dodat podrobnější informace, ale raději v češtině, do angličtiny to musím překládat přes translátor.
  •  

deelite

Without reading the hole thread: did you install it on an sdcard?

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk

•  

Michal

Thank you all. This is the result of our long term testing:

- settings > battery > Power saving mode OFF + battery use > "next" (three dots)  button in topbar > battery use optimization > click on "Apps are not optimized" and select "All apps" and here finally find Locus Map and switch the optimization OFF for it.
  •