Fork from Elevate and Elevate LE for OAM in Locus: MTB+Hiking routes

Started by BERNHARD.FRIESS, December 27, 2017, 08:57:13

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Hi Guys,

I did a minor extension of the Elevate and Elevate LE themes provided by OAM from their webpage and for usage with the OAM: I added some lines which allow to switch on a new option when selecting maps layout. The new option is called "MTB+Hiking routes" and it does what you would expect: you can have the MTB layout where you enable and display hiking routes additionally.

The files are availble from my webserver in two flavors:

To use the modification, simply download the zip file and extract the content (2 folders) into /Locus/mapsVecor/_themes/ on your device running Locus Map. The files could be easily used in parallel of any other themes. Enjoy!

Please let me know what you think about the modification.

Best regards

Bernhard

Update Feb 18, 2018:
Updated the files base don latest OAM Themes released on Feb 13, 2018. Latest maps required to benefit from all updates!

jusc

Regards J.

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Quote from: jusc on December 27, 2017, 11:55:04
please verify your link.

Thank you for the hint!

As this was my first post in this forum with an URL in it, I didn't know exactly which syntax to use and I did used it the wrong way. Now it is fixed and the url should work fine.
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Quote from: balloni55 on December 27, 2017, 13:27:03
Hello Bernhard
i get some render problems, see attached screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8b2hf2t0ekm9w5/renderproblem.mp4?dl=0
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Ouh, that looks ugly!

And to be honest I have no idea what the root cause for the unsharp rendering is. The files work on my phone, an Sony Xperia Z1 with Android 5.1.1 without any issue. However I have to admit that the theme is unusable the way it looks on your phone.

What phone do you use with what OS and what screen resolution? And do you use the latest OAM maps? I think I read something on the OAM webpage that with the latest changes of Elevate and Elevate LE respectively the themes won't work with some older versions of OAM. Of course my theme would have inherited this limitation from the standard theme.

Does it work on your device with the latest standard Elevate and Elevate LE from OAM?

Best regards

Bernhard
  •  

balloni55

Hi Bernhard,
QuoteWhat phone do you use with what OS and what screen resolution?
Motorola G3, MM 6.01, not rooted, 1280x720 HD,
QuoteAnd do you use the latest OAM maps?
i´ve just downloaded the last version from 11.12.2017 Baden-wuerttemberg, the behavior is identically
QuoteDoes it work on your device with the latest standard Elevate and Elevate LE
Elevate LE works fine

Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi,
nice theme.
In such cases, based on balloni55  video, it is usually some problem in icons.
Suggest to check icon "ele_res/s_water_park.svg" ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Hi,
Many thanks, Menion, for the hint! This might be the solution:

Wolfgang, could you please install latest Elevate and Elevate LE themes from OAM? Then you should have all required icons.

Best regards

Bernhard
  •  

Menion

My humble opinion: your theme should not depend on fact, that user has already installed some version of Elevate theme.
Icons are really small on disk, so you should pack icons together with your theme. Only then, you can avoid such problems.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotecould you please install latest Elevate and Elevate LE themes from OAM?
done, now it works without any problem, thanks :)
i also think that menions suggestion also protect other users from this problem

BTW: nice theme indeed 8)
thanks Bernhard ;D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hello Bernhard,
depending on ZL there are more/less/different way symbols visible on map

Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year to everyone and please excuse my delayed response! I was on vacation without a computer and therefore my response took a while.

Many thanks for the feedback in general and for the important hint form Menion in particular!

I updated my original post and offer now two options for the download, one including the icon folder ele_res and one excluding the icon folder.

My intention is really to see the files as a clear extension of the original Elevate and Element Themes offered by OAM! In this context I think the version without the icon folder makes more sense.

However I understand that there might be people who wnat to simply download one package and use the modified theme without the latest Elements and Elvenate Themes from OAM. For those I offer the second download.

Please let me know what you think and if this makes sense for you.

Best regards

Bernhard

•  

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Quote from: balloni55 on December 29, 2017, 13:20:39
Hello Bernhard,
depending on ZL there are more/less/different way symbols visible on map

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I consider the behavior that you describe as "works as designed" and as implemented as a standard in the Elevate and Elements Themes from OAM. I did not change anything to that extend, so it should be identical with the files provided by me and by the original files from OAM.

I think it would make sense to bring up the topic in the OAM forum (registration required, German language mainly) if you think this should be changed, does this make sense for you?

Best regards

Bernhard
  •  

balloni55

Hi Bernhard
Quoteso it should be identical with the files provided by me and by the original files from OAM.
you are right, it´s identical with original OAM-themes

Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

BERNHARD.FRIESS

Hi All,

As there was a new version of the Elevate themes released by OAM on Feb 13, 2018 I updated the modified themes as well.

During this course I also altered the corresponsing logo to indicate that the Elevate and Elevate_LE themes are changed.

Please find the URLs in the first post of this topic updated accordingly. Please delete the previous version of the modified Elevate and Elevate_LE themes.

Have fun!

And let me know if you have any issue or question!

P.S. I just figured out that the first files I provided today on my server for download hat an error. I corrected it and since now, 12:36 CET the files should work nicely.
  •