Help understanding Live Map and corrected coordinates

Started by JohnCNA, December 22, 2017, 14:46:58

JohnCNA

I've noticed something odd while using Live Map and puzzles/multi's with corrected coordinates.  I don't know if it's a Groundspeak API limitation or a bug in Locus.

• I had solved a puzzle cache and updated the coordinates on the web site.
  • The solved coordinates were a significant distance away from the original posted coordinates.
  • I was only using Live Map with Locus.  The cache was not stored offline.
  • On the Locus map screen, the cache icon does not show on the map. See screenshot #1. The solved cache icon should be where the center crosshair is.
  • If I zoom out so that the map screen now includes the original posted coordinates and the corrected location, the cache icon now appears in the corrected location.  In screenshot #2, the cache now shows just below the center crosshair.

Is this a Locus bug, or just a limitation of the Groundspeak API?
  •  

Menion

Good day John,

cannot say personally for sure, because Locus Map itself does not download caches (it is more question to @Arcao), anyway from what I know, simple request on geocaching.com web site always work with original coordinates. So simply: place with original coordinates needs to be on map, till Geocaching4Locus is able to discover, that cache has corrected coordinates. One of many problems of Groundspeak API.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JohnCNA

Thanks for the reply. I have emailed Geocaching4Locus for their attention. I suspect that a recent change to the API may have triggered this problem.
  •