[APP] - version 3.28.+ ( 20. 12. 2017 )

Started by Menion, December 20, 2017, 16:51:27

Menion

Thanks, nice to You too, better .. to you all ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Joachim Buhl

Hello

I recognised a problem with navigation today. I use an exported GPX with turn instructions generated with Locus (Brouter) on my tablet on my phone S7 to navigate along it (3.28.1)
During navigation it does not jump to the next point when reaches a point. It does not "catch" the point right. In simulation mode sometimes I have to be 100% precise to catch it, in other cases it just not work. In real life you never hit the point 100%. I think the problem begins with one of the newer updates.
See this video.
https://youtu.be/jOlf7oz3HjA
Navigation is not usable.

Thanks
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: 0709 on December 22, 2017, 08:23:05
QuoteIn Beta long click worked well! :D
Sure ! ...We are for talking about the long press "Big Blue" button ? 
In beta simple to use and very usefull.  Example: Designed a track without Navigation hints.
A change ? By long click: Include the navigation hints. No problem fast and nice. (In Beta)
+1

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Good holidays to everyone.
I found this:
I created and saved a track with route planner than I opened the track statistics  and Ok I'm not the fastest running on the earth but the time showed it's a bit overestimated

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@Joachim Buhl
hmm oki ... I'll look on this more deeply next days (in worst case at start of new year). I may revert it to 3.27.1 system as Willy wrote, but there were also some problems, so I'll rather completely rewrite necessary code from scratch, because we will have during first new months, time to test it for next season ;).

@lor74cas
are you able to repeat this problem with latest version 3.28.1?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on December 23, 2017, 23:35:03
@Joachim Buhl
hmm oki ... I'll look on this more deeply next days (in worst case at start of new year). I may revert it to 3.27.1 system as Willy wrote, but there were also some problems, so I'll rather completely rewrite necessary code from scratch, because we will have during first new months, time to test it for next season ;).

@lor74cas
are you able to repeat this problem with latest version 3.28.1?
If I use map quest as route provider I have the same time on track.
With brouter the time is null so I think there is something wrong with MQ

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello

Where can I find the download for old versions?

Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Happy Christmas @menion & Locus team.
3.28.1 Pro: no release notes are displayed.
3.28.1 Free: release notes are displayed.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Quoteplanning a route (with e.g. 2 points) >next leave screen with back button > it takes ~ 3-8 sec till planned route disapeares from map
solved thanks :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Joachim Buhl
older verison because of strict navigation system? Here is it.

@Andrew Heard
ahh, thanks
  •  

T-mo

*Happy New 2018*
with lots of lots of happy moments with Locus in action :) 8)

motivated..also to ask for some points after vacation and using Locus the recent time 8):
- route planner: I set up a simple A>B-route..switching the direction (A<>B) is not given nor? at least couldn't find it
- route planner: looking at the stats..are you planning adding a list with the defined via-points..I recognised that I heavily zoomed and moved the map for getting an overview of my route (or parts of it as I could only use the given map which is vector, detail-rich, but does only cover part of my route) and felt myself in effort..a list-view, re-sortable, would help IMHO
I have to admit that I once again used Locus for car-navigation..I only use Locus :-)  (except really annoying traffic-situations)
- on vacation I used OAM-vector-maps whith the elevate-theme to be able to handle any situation..while showing the map to friends, I often had to zoom-in-out-in-out + move the map to be able to get a location-name correctly displayed. Still a neccessary game otherwise you won't get it. I guess this is related to sth. MichaelBechtold mentioned http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5916.msg49344#msg49344
IMHO considering some kind of priorisation would help with this - any chance ?
For some use-cases I am still using raster-maps (MOBACed) to have a better result than those with the themed vector-maps, limited in detail though.
Let's assume the vector/theme-sources are ok, hehe :D
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.

A few months ago I mentioned in one of these threads a problem, which you fixed immediately, thank you.  The problem was, POIs in LoMaps that had "name:en" but no "name" would render on-screen with "en" prepended, eg "en Super Coffee".  See here:  http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5827.msg48600#msg48600 and quick response on next page.

Today I downloaded a multilingual map from OAM (meaning, V4 MapsForge, right?), my first time doing this, and see the exact same problem.  For example, the POI at http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4917137121#map=19/20.20900/-87.47264 when shown on OAM's "Middle America" multilingual map.

Would this be a Locus issue, or an OAM one?

More generally, if I'm using OAM, am I better off with the V4 version (multilingual) or V3 (quick install to Locus)?  I only chose multilingual because I assumed 4 > 3.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
sorry for a delay in answers! Hope you had also nice time over last weeks ;).

@T-mo
- route planner currently does not have a "Reverse route" function
- list of points: hmm some kind of "Itinerary" similar to what you see in navigation sound interesting
- problem with texts in vector maps is a long therm problem in Locus that definitely needs to be solved this year!

@Viajero Perdido
thanks, I'll look at it with @voldapet . If I remember correctly, we had to improve generation of maps itself and add small hack into them. So issue is probably fixed in LoMaps, but not in other map from different sources.

voldapet

@Viajero Perdido
This issue is not related with app but with the map. I checked the code and also the Mexico LoMaps (POI DB) itself and the issue is already fixed or improved in LoMaps (as menion wrote).  I guess that official Mapsforge V4 generator does not handle missing local names.

john_percy

Have you tried OAM V3 maps?
I suggest you ask on the OAM forum. If this is a bug, Christian is likely to seek to correct it.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org