[Theme] Tiramisù 3 Locus Edition + (for V3 maps)

Started by Magellan, November 26, 2017, 10:50:31

Magellan

Source: Tiramisù 3.0.2 for Oruxmaps and MapsForge compatible applications
http://tartamillo.wordpress.com

*  Great thanks Maki for such a Grand work and a sense of beauty!  *

Now able to work in Locus. Some layers have been added. This theme is only for maps version 3. (lomaps and other V3)
Redone the "scrub", now this is a clarified version of the forest from version 2.
The "wood" is now correctly displayed taking into account the type of foliage and has a different shade, for example, coniferous - darker. Increased object signatures, house numbers, regrouped layers
and many many other small things ....

[ 
Satellite map  + overlay Lomaps with the included layers of tourism and huts only ... everything else is off

Updated to 3LE+5 (12/02/2018):
- slightly increased the visibility of the trails
- buildings names in Place Names
- underground waterways
- intermittent streams and rivers (OAM only)
- embankment's  (OAM)
- and the little things are different

Menion

This looks pretty nice, thank you for sharing!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Looks nice, yes, but I'm going nuts trying to install it.  Locus doesn't show it as an option, even after exiting Locus and [desperate] rebooting the tablet.

Do I have the file structure right?
mapsVector/_themes/Tiramisu_3_0_2.xml
mapsVector/_themes/Tiramisu_3/[194_assorted_files]

That matches what I see in the ZIP.  (Ignoring the PDFs; I left those out.)

I've tried various other structures as well, following the example of themes that *do* show up.  Such as, adding a Tiramisu directory to hold the XML and the resources directory, or simply scattering the resources beside the XML.  None of it works.  What am I doing wrong?

(The map downloader app doesn't work.)

Thanks in advance,
VP

WAIT A MINUTE.  Now that I've logged in to post this note, I see a download link in the post above - for a *different* ZIP file.  (Different than what I downloaded from the "box" website after a search.)  That may be the answer!  [testing...]  Yes, that one works.  Simply dropped the ZIP contents into _themes, and it works.  And indeed, it looks great.  Thanks.

But totally confusing for anybody not logged in.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: JaŠ

Taras D

I installed Tiramisu 3 LE theme but it does not display all hiking trails in LoMaps.

I compared several map themes and here are the results.

Shows all hiking trails?
Hike & Bike = Yes
Tiramisu 3 LE = No
Elevate LE = No
HiLo = Yes
Voluntary UK = Yes

Full-size image
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: Taras D on November 28, 2017, 20:18:02
I installed Tiramisu 3 LE theme but it does not display all hiking trails in LoMaps.

I compared several map themes and here are the results.

Shows all hiking trails?
Hike & Bike = Yes
Tiramisu 3 LE = No
Elevate LE = No
HiLo = Yes
Voluntary UK = Yes

Full-size image
Voluntary is designed to work with both LoMaps and OAMaps. I know Elevate is only designed to work with OAMaps. I suspect you may find the missing trails if you try OpenAndroMaps with such themes.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Taras D

Viajero Perdido

Reminds me...

One thing I've noticed is that Tiramisu (in Hiking mode) shows hiking trails less prominently than Elevate LE, which I understand it's based upon.  Notice the difference between the second and third examples above.

Personally, I definitely prefer the trails being more prominent.

But overall, a great theme.  Thank you!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Taras D

Taras D

john_percy, Viajero Perdido

Thank you both for your helpful reply. It now seems clear that Tiramisu is based on Elevate because the two themes show precisely the same trails (and don't show precisely the same trails). In addition, as John suspected, Tiramisu works correctly with OpenAndroMaps.

When Magellan wrote "Now able to work in Locus. Some layers have been added." I assumed the modified Tiramisu theme would work (correctly and completely) with LoMaps. In fact, it only works as well as Elevate does with LoMaps; it works best with OpenAndroMaps.

Am I correct to say that the theme's XML file can be modified to display all hiking trails in LoMaps? I guess the question is how much time am I willing to invest to understand how it works! :)
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Taras D on November 28, 2017, 21:46:55
john_percy, Viajero Perdido

Thank you both for your helpful reply. It now seems clear that Tiramisu is based on Elevate because the two themes show precisely the same trails (and don't show precisely the same trails). In addition, as John suspected, Tiramisu works correctly with OpenAndroMaps.

When Magellan wrote "Now able to work in Locus. Some layers have been added." I assumed the modified Tiramisu theme would work (correctly and completely) with LoMaps. In fact, it only works as well as Elevate does with LoMaps; it works best with OpenAndroMaps.

Am I correct to say that the theme's XML file can be modified to display all hiking trails in LoMaps? I guess the question is how much time am I willing to invest to understand how it works! :)

Bring das Thema doch mal im OpenAndroMaps Forum zur Sprache. Vielleicht ist es für die nur eine Kleinigkeit.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Magellan

Yes, I also noticed some missing paths when I looked through the maps of Austria with this Tiramisu.
Error displaying mountain paths, and tracks corrected. And some others layers...
A moment of patience...
  •  

Magellan

Thank you all for testing.
Taras D, Viajero Perdido, check now how your trails are displayed
Fixed:
- display paths with the tag "sac_scale"
- the visibility of the names of the elements "mountain_pass, volcano, saddle, cave_entrance, river, stream | canal, water bodies; ele cave_entrance" ...
- "Place names" now hides / shows everything except for the names of settlements

and various trifles.

Report if you find another errors - together much can be fixed!

I take this opportunity to express my great gratitude to the great people - John Percy, Tobias, Jencek, LocusUser#1,  ManfredG, bm.ffb, and oth. , who create such wonderful themes. This is a huge work, I respect your work!
__
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bearkvarc

Taras D

@Magellan

I installed Tiramisu LE 3+2 and it now correctly displays all trails. Thank you!

Perhaps you can help me understand how Tiramisu, and Elevate, display ladders.

A month ago, I added several ladders, and two safety_ropes, to OpenStreetMap. To display the items, I used the latest version of OpenAndroMaps for the State of New York (2017-11-25) with Elevate LE V4.2.1 and Tiramisu 3 LE+2 themes.

• The safety_ropes are displayed by Elevate but not Tiramisu.
  • Elevate shows only one of the ladders and Tiramisu shows none of them.

Here is the ladder that is displayed by Elevate but not Tiramisu. It is a node with the tag "ladder=yes".
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4773080911

These ladders are not displayed by Elevate or Tiramisu. They are nodes with the tag "ladder=X" where X is the length of the ladder. The lengths varied from 2 to 5 meters. Example: "ladder=4"
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5191411959
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4234427426
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4234427476
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4203671346
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1690836990

According to OSM's Wiki, it is permitted to enter a numeric value, instead of "yes", for ladders (and safety_ropes).
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ladder

In Elevate and Tiramisu, I changed the rule for handling ladders to be more comprehensive. I replaced "ld_yes" with "*".

OLD: <rule e="any" k="ladder" v="ld_yes" zoom-min="15"> <symbol src="file:../ele_res/s_ladder.svg" symbol-width="16dp" /> </rule>
NEW: <rule e="any" k="ladder" v="*" zoom-min="15"> <symbol src="file:../ele_res/s_ladder.svg" symbol-width="16dp" /> </rule>

Unfortunately, the modification failed to display ladders (with numeric values) in both Tiramisu and Elevate. It also failed to make Tiramisu display the one ladder tagged with "ladder=yes". :(

Either my rule modification is incorrect or the New York OpenAndroMap simply does not contain all the ladders. Is it possible that when OSM data was extracted to create the New York map, it only selected ladders that were identified with "yes" and rejected all ladders with numeric values?

It would explain why "numeric ladders" cannot be displayed because they simply don't exist in the map.  However, it would not explain why Tiramisu fails to display the one ladder ("ladder=yes") that Elevate can show.

Full-size image.
  •  

Magellan

Quote...to display the one ladder ("ladder=yes") that Elevate can show.
To fix this, try inserting the following line after row №272:
<cat id="tms_safety"/>
Then in the "Hiking" layer it can appear.   

And, yes - replaced "ld_yes" with "*"
  •  

Taras D

Thanks! I followed your instructions and the Tiramisu theme now shows the safety ropes and one ladder ("ladder=yes").

The last problem to solve is that both Elevate and Tiramisu don't show ladders defined with numeric values ("ladder =4"). When the map is produced, I believe "numeric ladders" are not extracted from OSM.

This page shows the items extracted from OSM to produce OpenAndroMaps.
https://www.openandromaps.org/en/map-basics-2/tag-mapping

Here is how it extracts "safety_rope" and "ladder":
<!-- tags_alpine -->
<osm-tag key='safety_rope' value='sr_yes' equivalent-values='yes' zoom-appear='15' />
<osm-tag key='ladder' value='ld_yes' equivalent-values='yes' zoom-appear='15' />
<osm-tag key='rungs' value='rn_yes' equivalent-values='yes' zoom-appear='15' />

I will contact the OpenAndroMap team and ask if they can change the filter to include numeric values.

•  

Taras D

One more thing: "highway=steps". Elevate shows hiking trails with stairs but Tiramisu does not.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/535587828#map=18/44.12928/-73.86749&layers=C

•  

Magellan

@Taras_D:
Fixed:
- highway=steps
- icons of the ladder, safety rope, ... now included in the "Tourism"

inside zip only xml, unpack with replacement

prefer to consider the path on the map off the fills, vegetation, contours of heights, and currently unneeded items