Main Menu

geocaching radar

Started by stebu, May 14, 2011, 01:11:56

stebu

I'm a new and happy Android owner. And Locus seems a good way to go geocaching.
I once rolled my own geocaching software on an Acer Navigator and I'm missing (at least) one feature:
there's no need to switch to a radar screen, in the guidance mode all that is needed is that the display would show the bearing as a vector towards the cache (maybe 50...100 pixels) and an info box would show the distance. This would be activated, when the final target is closer than 20 metres.
This would remove the need to switch to a compass/radar display and would make me buy the pro version :ugeek:

TIA stebu
  •  

Menion

stebu I'm not sure if I fully undestand. May you attach some screenshot from your software that will explain it a little bit? Thx
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "menion"stebu I'm not sure if I fully undestand. May you attach some screenshot from your software that will explain it a little bit? Thx
OK, in the picture you can see the "radar".
I'm trying to reach the target (the blue circle) and I'm in the center of the yellow circle.
The radar is the blue line and the blue blob. It shows, that the bearing to the target is about 225 degrees and the distance is about 10m.

The radar's blue line is always the same length (e.g. 100 pixels) independently of the map's scale.
When you come close to the target (10...20 meters) , the blob becomes visible at the and of the line. When you approach the target, the blob moves closer to the center. The distance to the target could be shown in a status field (it might be shown already, I don't remember)

The advantage is, that you have the map visible all the time. At the same time you get accurate direction and distance towards the target. And it works even if the underlaying map shows a whole country, yuo could still see the direction and distance with 1m resolution.

Thanks for the quick response!
  •  

Menion

hi Stebu,
  this is really very very complex and I'm still little confuse what all these symbols means :) Anyway you already read about solution "arrow with distance", so this can be now possible in custom screen that is in preparation, so this wish is closed for me ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •