Geocache listing sometimes displayed without line breaks (<p> vs <br>)

Started by Keks, July 28, 2017, 18:28:06

Keks

Since starting to use Locus for geocaching I have the following problem: some geocache descriptions are displayed correctly, but others are missing all the line breaks. This often happens for multi-caches which makes them kind of hard to solve.

Today I took the time to compare the html code for two cache descriptions which are correct / not correct. I have the impression that using <br /> instead of <p> </p> causes my problem.

Example code which is displayed correctly:
<p>Lustig und kurios ist schon die Adresse: "An der steinernen Brücke"..... Ja, also....</p>
<p>da sag ich nur, frei nach Heidi Klum "ich habe heute leider keine Brücke für Dich....."</p>

Example code which is missing a the line breaks and is therefore displayed as one long string:
<br />
Nord: 48° 13,897'<br />
Ost: 11° 27,884'<br />
<br />
Wir starten auf den Parkplatz an der Sportanlage.<br />
<br />
Y= Anzahl Fahnenmasten vor der Mehrzweckhalle<br />
<br />

Is there some workaround for getting the listing displayed correctly or do I have to just live with this?

•  

Menion

Hello,
may you please post here a code of cache with listing that is displayed incorrectly? I'll check it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Keks

One such cache is GC32NWB.
On re-checking it in Locus I think I just found a workaround myself  :-[
The problem only seems to occur for caches imported via the GSAK Addon-On. When I use "Cache aktualisieren"  (don't know the exact English wording, something like "reload cache") on such a cache the formatting is corrected.

So while it still would be nice to have the correct formatting when importing from GSAK, at least there is a feasible workaround.
  •  

Menion

Ah, then this will be more complicated as I do not use GSAK database.

Anyway if you want to try to "fix" this, I'll need some help for you. Best should be simple GSAK  database with one wrong cache I may use for test, thanks.
  •  

Keks

Hi,
thanks for your time. I have attached a database with one wrong cache. Hopefully this helps.
Greetings Keks
  •  

Menion

Hello Keks,

thank you, this helped. Cannot promise my fix will work for completely all listings, but it should. So in next version of Locus Map, this may be improved. Thanks
  •  

Keks

•  

Keks

•  

Menion

•