Old Locus Pro 353-Geocaching offline field notes upload

Started by Diwiak, July 06, 2017, 10:38:24

Diwiak

Hi,

running old version 353 of LocusPro on an android 2.3.6 device, everythings working nice,

but cant upload field notes, because of field notes addon is not working and can not install anymore (current field notes support only android 4 and higher), online upload not working as well (token error).

Is there ANY way to install earlier version of field notes addon, or to export field notes anyhow to gc.com, or to log geocaches manually?

I tried to edit gcFieldnotes.db from within data\config folder but cant find proper way to export.

Thanks
  •  

Menion

Good day Diwiak,
I do not remember exactly how version 3.5.3 looks and what exactly was implemented in this version. Anyway I'm almost sure that there should be some simple "Field notes manager" directly in Locus Map even without an add-on, or at least an option how to export field notes into text file.

Please check menu > more > Geocaching tools. In worst case, export to "fieldNotes.txt" should work in all cases. This file may be manually uploaded to your geocaching.com profile for logging over web.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Diwiak

Hi,

thanks for response, Iam worry that there is no such option to work with filed notes. Under "Geocaching" menu theres only "Geocaching for locus", "Geocaching tools", and "Field notes" (which is not working).
No any more items related to Field notes, or exporting them.

Anyway, meanwhile I  made to work online upload directly through "Geocaching for Locus" addon by reinstall and reconnecting to geocaching.com account so now it works again.

Thanks
  •  

Menion

Good evening Diwiak,
please check content of "Geocaching tools" menu, there should feature that is able to work with field notes.

Just for your information ... Geocaching4Locus is made by independent developer and it's functionality is mainly downloading of caches. Logging and uploading of field notes is made only directly by Locus Map, so your "reconnecting" was probably made in Locus Map app. Anyway I'm glad it works now!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Diwiak

Hi,

just to be "complete", under "Geocaching tools" there are only these items:
Geocaching Live-
Load pocket queries/Log trackable,

Geocaching tools-
Draw circle/Line tools/Middle point/Projection/Load all waypoints/Cache radius limit.

But its working so doesnt matter anymore,

and I forgot to say - GREAT app, really like Locus!
  •