[MANUAL] - creating custom screen

Started by Menion, May 11, 2011, 12:32:04

gynta

idea/whish:
plz add a preview to custom maps in the shop.
similar to "Map cursors (blue & orange)"

plz add a preview to custom themes in the shop.
similar to "Map cursors (blue & orange)"

Menion

Hi Gynta,
  I'll finally do it tomorrow. Overview (good idea), your skin (as you remind me in PM), improved description if first post and all other stuff around Custom screens...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

description in first post is little bit - more actual. Anyway I'm sure, that current description is too complicated for easy skin creating. On second side, I can't expect that people that have problems with handling of Locus itself will create any themes.

Anyway, Gynta, will you have some time on improving your skin? Because Locus Custom screen now allow to use buttons (as are in My Tracks skin) so I want to ask if you'll want to add zoom button to your skin. I think they're more then needed :)

Attached is simple skin I use for testing that already contain zoom buttons. Not nice, but working

And last thing, please create separate topic (something like mine) to Custom screen section viewforum.php?f=41 and I'll then put your skin in Shop together with link to this new topic. Thanks ;)

And Riju: best is to check this small skin and also My Tracks skin downloadable from Locus Shop. Most of features is there
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"if you'll want to add zoom button to your skin.
nop thx - no buttons - maybe on next skin. :)

Menion

OK understand :). Skin published in Shop. Seems that issue with extracting skin is more often then I expect (at least for me every second attempt to display skin fail), have to fix it tomorrow
  •  

carlm

Locus Free 2.2.0

I downloaded gynta's minimal.zip custom screen from here:

//http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1763

I put the .zip in /mnt/sdcard/Locus/data/customScreen/ per the instructions in the first post in this thread.
I tested the .zip file after copying it there.

I already had the default custom skins installed.
When I select Menu->Functions->Custom screen, Minimal has not been added to the menu.  The menu still contains just the five default custom skins.

I next deleted /mnt/sdcard/Locus
I next visited the Locus Shop and downloaded Minimal.
Minimal now appears in Menu->Functions->Custom screen and works when I select it.
However, I don't know where it got installed -- there still is no /mnt/sdcard/Locus directory.
Furthermore, it doesn't look the same as in the screenshot in gynta's forum post.  In the forum post screenshot there is no custom screen toolbar.  I'm getting a custom screen toolbar with title "Minimal by Gynta".

This gives rise to the following questions:

1. How and where does one install his own custom screen .zip?  The instructions in the first post didn't work for me.

2. Why does the version of Minimal from the Locus Shop have a custom screen toolbar when the version from gynta's forum post (above) apparently does not?

Thanks!
  •  

tommi

Seems you got two Locus folders on your phone. Check both internal and external sd card for a Locus folder.
1) Install your own custom screen to the same folder as the ones from Locus shop (which of the two folders it will ever be)
2) You can toggle the bar on the top by pressing the slim yellow button in the upper right corner of the map.

Hth,
Thomas
  •  

carlm

Thomas,

Thanks!
Found Locus directory on internal SD: /mnt/emmc/
And yes, slim yellow button toggles custom screen toolbar.
  •  

carlm

Can't get "{map_center}" button action to work

Locus Free 2.2.0
Nook Color
No GPS -- using coarse location

The map center button on standard bottom panel DOES work, but I can't get the map center button on my custom screen to work: nothing happens when I tap the button.  As a test I tried "{map_zoom_out}" and that worked OK.  Here's my button code:

<Button
android:layout_width="15dip"
android:layout_height="52dip"
android:gravity="left"
android:background="@drawable/ico_button"
locus:actionClick="{map_center}" />

UPDATE 04/10/12

I got my GPS today.  Map center button on custom screen not working w/ GPS either.

UPDATE 04/15/12

Problem fixed in Locus Free 2.2.2
  •  

carlm

Change button/container background based on button state?

On a custom screen, is it possible to change the background of a button or its container based upon the state of the button (like the Locus standard UI does)?  I tried following some examples I found on the web, using XML selectors, but no matter what I tried I got no background at all.

If this is possible a pointer to some working code would be appreciated.
  •  

Menion

hello. On all buttons and ImageButtons should be applied automatically backround drawable same as I use for other buttons in Locus. So if you want to have same background, do not overwrite it. Just use android:src tag for settings images on ImageView and not background. Check "Simple map" skin, where this works

About XML selectors. They aren't supported in Custom Screen. I'm not sure if they'll be big benefit anyway I know they'll be a lot of work :)
  •  

carlm

Menion,

Thanks!  I got what I was after by switching from Button to ImageButton per your suggestion.
  •  

riju

Hi Menion,
finally found the time to test the new features:
- sp working very well
- actionClick also working nicely

Formatting the display of time is only working for "time" but not for any other time output like {rec_time_move} or {guide_wpt_time}
Some more questions
- can actionVisibility be used to toggle between two screens - like turning one set of fields on and another one off?
  I'm thinking of having one screen just showing data and another one showing the map with some minimal data
- is the android:visibility parameter implemented?
  •  

balloni55

Hi,
after first stepps for creating my own CS i need help.
The compass is displayed, but it dosnt slide, where is the fault?
i´m looking forward for solution, thanks
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm very sorry, I completely forget to check your PM ...

after some short fight, I discovered that problem was in your definition but also in locus (because there were no support for full width slide and also another minor issue). So problem in Locus is now fixed. You may test it in next release (tomorrow). I also added some more info about problem you had together with correct values and short explanation here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... en?&#views . It's not so simple because it's created generally not only for compass values, but also for other values.
  •