Quick Distance to Point

Started by claytown, April 24, 2017, 16:22:49

claytown

I use locus most for backcountry skiing. Often (while recording my track if that makes a difference) I'll be navigating and I want to select a point on the map and see how far I am from it. I haven't figured out a way to do this quickly and efficiently. It seems like I should be able to just tap/press the point I want on the screen, or center the red pointer mark and see a quick info box. Am I missing something?

I believe this is possible if I save a waypoint, but I'm trying to find a faster solution that doesn't need to permanently save any point. For example if I could pop up a window that always shows distance from my location to the red pointer as I move it or something.

Similarly, I wonder about doing this same thing when I'm following a gpx track. For example, say I'm 2 miles into a 6 mile approach to a ski hut along the normal route. I might want to see the distance to the next turn or some random point along the track. I can see distance remaining to the end point, but not to the point I selected. Is there a quick way to get this sort of data?

Apologies if this is covered somewhere in the manual or FAQ but I have read both of those and didn't see it. Thanks!
  •  

Haggi

You can do Menu > Settings > Maps > Map objects....(Line to GPS, just move map)
or
Menu > Settings > Maps > Map objects... (Quick Measure, two fingers)

My setting is both  ;D
  •  

claytown

Awesome thank you! I knew i must have been missing it.
  •  

jgraef

Hey,

Line To GPS -  Exactly what i was searching for. :)

Many thanks,
Joerg.
  •