Visibility of cursor in night mode

Started by twil69, March 29, 2017, 11:13:50

twil69

I was on a nightly bike trip the other day. Since I have automatic night mode enabled the map was rendered with inverted colours.
As long as I was on my navigation route all was nice and clearly visible. But then I decided to take a detour and get back to the calculated route later. Consequently, the navigation indicator turned into a question mark, which was expected. What was not expected was, that I had a second cursor now. The navigation cursor stayed at the next/latest navigation point, while my current position was indicated by another, barely visible  :( cursor.

I am not even sure whether this would be different without navigation. I have a crosshair cursor while I am stationary, and it turns into an arrow as soon as I am moving. I guess it was that one I was seeing then. So there seems to be a cursor for stationary, moving and navigation state. What I would like to have is a moving cursor that is equally well visible in night mode as is the navigation cursor. Which one can be recommended?

Thanks!
  •  

balloni55

Settings->Navigation->Advanced settings->Snap to route - enabled
should help ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

twil69

Quote from: balloni55 on March 29, 2017, 11:31:00
Settings->Navigation->Advanced settings->Snap to route - enabled
should help ;)

Ummm,no.
If I take a detour while leaving original navigation active I want of course to see my current position.
Fixing my position to the route is certainly not helpful here.
  •  

Menion

hello guys,
@twil69 are you able to make a screenshot for example in the evening on the couch? It should help here, because I'm not perfectly sure about all these cursors you talk :). Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

twil69

Quote from: menion on March 29, 2017, 12:49:46
hello guys,
@twil69 are you able to make a screenshot for example in the evening on the couch? It should help here, because I'm not perfectly sure about all these cursors you talk :). Thanks

No need to wait until tonight, it's lunch break time  ;)
Not sure how to embed an image into the text, instead I have attached one....

In that image you can see from left to right (map always in night mode)
1. My position is on the navigation route, nicely visible cursor
2. I left the route, my position is indicated by a cursor that is just outlines and hardly visible when cycling
   (Navigation cursor still visible, locked to the route)
3. Still off-route, navigation cursor out of map view, lock to position disabled and map center indicated by cross cursor

There is a fourth option, when I am not moving.
Then, instead of the moving-but-not-navigating cursor I just have a dot with an accuracy circle aroung it.

Desired behavior is to have a clearly visible cursor while moving, regardless of navigation active or not.
  •  

Menion

Understand, thanks for additional information.

Did you tried to change cursors over settings > Map objects > Map cursors? You will probably have to download some from Locus Store. You may increase it's size and if not satisfied you may draw some own ( more here : http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:icons#map_navigation_cursors ) or just modify downloaded.
  •  

twil69

Quote from: menion on March 29, 2017, 14:03:59
Understand, thanks for additional information.

Did you tried to change cursors over settings > Map objects > Map cursors? You will probably have to download some from Locus Store. You may increase it's size and if not satisfied you may draw some own ( more here : http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:icons#map_navigation_cursors ) or just modify downloaded.

Thanks for hinting to the customization option, menion.
Looking at the manual entry above it seems the easiest option to set the same .png file for basic and navigation cursors.
I will give it a try. Only concern is that my customization may be overwritten by the next Locus update...
  •  

Menion

No worry. I believe that many people use such customization for many years without problems. Just download one cursor pack from Locus Store, modify it's content (it's stored in Locus/icons directory) and set this downloaded item in settings and your are done ...
  •