Augmented Reality HowTo?

Started by Tusor, May 02, 2011, 18:50:28

Tusor

Hi,
I seem to be too stupid to use the augmented reality. Can anybody post a how to? I added a POI near me by long pressing on the map. Than I tried to view it in the AR but it was not shown. Do I have to activate anything else?
My phone is a Desire HD with the standard ROM.

Best regards,

Tusor
  •  

berkley

Hi Tusor,

did you have a GPS fix while starting Augmented Reality?

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Tusor

I think so, but I am going to doublecheck this after work.
  •  

Tusor

So, I just checked again: I have a GPS fix.
One question: In the AR screen there is a distance given in the lower left corner. What does this mean? Are just POIs shown further away or nearer than this value?
  •  

berkley

i'm not pretty sure, but i guess it's the max distance...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Tusor

I tried with POIs further away and some nearer: I saw neither  :cry:
  •  

berkley

Locus Free or Pro?
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

hmm this is really weird. You show points on map, launch augmented reality addon and you see nothing when you move with your phone around you? What you see on bottom radar? Are there any white dots? And what is distance written below? This distance is radius of visible points. Point which lay far from you then this value will not be visible ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tusor

Hi, here I am again.
I bought Locus Pro several weeks ago because it is really a great app.
Today I went out geocaching and tried the augmented reality again. Under clear sky I lost the gps fix everytime I startet AR. Und Locus and GPS Status everything was fine. The distance value given was about 14km and changed with the zoom button. I noticed no white dots, but a red line on the screen (I think this was the guide to my next waypoint). But here in front of my computer I saw one white dot in the radar (not in the direction of my test poi). But looking around in this direction there was no POI.
  •  

Mejstro

Hi,
I had the same trouble with my HTC Desire HD and Locus Pro (I saw no point in AR viewer). I upgraded my Android to 2.3.3 yesterday and everything is fine now...
  •  

Tusor

It seems that I have to wait a bit before I get the Android 2.3 Update. I just read that the rollout began on 4th May. I hope I get the update soon. And then we will see.
  •  

paavo

I have problems with AR on Xperia NEO. I see white dots on radar but I don't see any points on AR view. I have GPS ON, but after I turn AR ON, there is message 'GPS off' after I return to Locus Pro map view, there is message 'GPS on'. I think, that
problem ist about switching GPS to OFF when I turn to Augmented Reality view..
  •  

dlazdic

paavo: I have same problem with my Xperia Active.
  •