[APP] - version 3.21.x (21. 12. 2016+)

Started by Menion, December 21, 2016, 15:04:04

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on January 15, 2017, 12:57:31
Thanks, interesting issue. Seems you are importing a file from Google Drive? When you browse content of Google Drive directly in Locus Map, there is no problem?
I see in log where issue happen, but do not know why. Seems that Locus Map get response from Google Drive that access is invalid. Locus then try to acquire new valid access which ends correctly, but next request ends again as "invalid" ... and again and again ... till app crash because recognize infinite loop.
It's very strange, gpx files are on SD, not on gdrive.
But the error you found was helpful, I logged out and back in gdrive and now all works fine.
Thank you Menion it wasn't necessary a so quick fix, it's Sunday, it's time to use Locus outside.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Perfect, glad to hear it! For me it looks like some problem on Google Drive side, anyway issue should be handled in Locus no matter what happen. I'll try to improve it little bit. Biggest problem anyway seems to be, that Locus loads Drive directory even that you do not need it. I'll have to rewrite this "File browser" to something similar that I made to "Search screen" few months ago, where only single page is loaded/visible at once.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Magellan

•  

Menion

•  

balloni55

Hello menion
some impression from first atempt to use ALPHA profiles
- first i add the function to side panel :)
- i add a profile with > shift map screen center and rotate map
- after activation i get a green info which profile is loaded 8) and additional a orange info "option works only if map rotation is on :-[ map rotation is set in this profile, so info is unnecessary

- how can i go back to basic profile?  :P
- my idea, create a second profile without any content to switch back to basic profile didn´t work

- next i add other option to this second profile as set in first one e.g. without shift map center, but options didn´t change if i activate second profil, mapcenter is furthermore shifted.

User can´t see which profile is active, so after longer time or new start of locus used profile should be visible, my idea: add used profil icon on top of current profil icon, or alternate both icons after a few seconds
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hello,
"profiles" is problematic name. Think about it more like about "Quickly set certain settings". Tap on any profile simply means, that Locus Map loads all predefined settings and activate them. So best is to have one "Base" profile where will be defined settings you wants to use during basic usage and next profiles for certain situations, like navi, geocaching etc.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion can you please explain a little how to use/ test new profiles? Will profile be linked to mode of operation?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hmm if it's not clear now how to use it, then I have to do it differently ...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Maybe obvious to everyone else. Release notes link to help topic with much much discussion but not end result. Backup and restore selected settings? Can you please provide just one example.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
yesterday evening I've just published new Beta version 3.21.1.4.

- firstly there are some improvements in current version of "Presets" ( previously "Profiles"), so give it another try. Think about this feature only as about shortcut to set more parameters at once, not like changing Locus Map to completely different mode (profile) and later back.

- second ... these from you, who use downloading system for maps on 3rd party servers, like OpenAndroMaps and some others, please try to download these maps directly to Locus, if all works fine for You. Same system is not used for HGT files directly for items in Locus Store, so you may try it as well.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on January 22, 2017, 07:19:54
Hi guys,

- firstly there are some improvements in current version of "Presets" ( previously "Profiles"), so give it another try. Think about this feature only as about shortcut to set more parameters at once, not like changing Locus Map to completely different mode (profile) and later back.

- second ... these from you, who use downloading system for maps on 3rd party servers, like OpenAndroMaps and some others, please try to download these maps directly to Locus, if all works fine for You. Same system is not used for HGT files directly for items in Locus Store, so you may try it as well.
Hello,
Found T: in preset folders
. .

For me is not clear what you wrote in second point, can I manually install openandroidmaps and hgt files as usual?
You want to know if direct install works from openandroidmaps site?
I downloaded hgt files 1' I think the earth is not grow up form last install.
But if I will find in future hgt file better than 1' I will update the dB so I want to know if something is changed

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Please ignore "T:" symbol at start of texts. These are my internal texts, that are not yet ready for translations, so I mark them with "T:" to be sure not to forget on them before final release.

About second point: currently it's possible to download maps from OpenAndroMaps directly from web site by button "Install on Locus", did you tried it? It directly starts Locus and in previous versions this button started Locus and opened big loading screen. You were forced to wait till download ends etc etc. Now it's made differently.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on January 22, 2017, 09:30:51
Please ignore "T:" symbol at start of texts. These are my internal texts, that are not yet ready for translations, so I mark them with "T:" to be sure not to forget on them before final release.

About second point: currently it's possible to download maps from OpenAndroMaps directly from web site by button "Install on Locus", did you tried it? It directly starts Locus and in previous versions this button started Locus and opened big loading screen. You were forced to wait till download ends etc etc. Now it's made differently.
Thank you.
IMHO preset and rec profiles can converge into an only setup menu.
You can have for example 4 rec profiles select the 2 for hiking, if you don't start recording the track it just applies the presets, at rec start it apply also the recording settings.
Just to simplify menu, there are so many features in this wonderfull app that can make finding the one you need too complicated.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on January 22, 2017, 07:19:54

"Map resolution" preferences rewrote to new "Prefs" system and added to "Presets"

Could you please make it possible to set arbitrary map resolution by number in "Presets"?

I usually set 200 % while outdoor activities and 400 % while car navigation. But for now, it requires really a lot of taps to reach map resolution setting window then go back to map screen. Quick setting between 100 % and custom % is, I would say, not satisfactory when using tile based maps on high-res screen phone/tablet. Texts on the map are too small to read at 100 % resolution. :'(
  •  

Menion

Hello ta-ka, this is already possible since this new Beta by "Presets" system.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

•