Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

ferbricos

Well, i m using locus for geocaching and is awesome.
However, only send the correct coordinates for google navigation. TMN drive is offline and is very, but very good for navigation.
When select navigation, it appear two options: google navigation and tmndrive. If select google navigation, everything works and show me the route, but if select tmndrive, give an error that can't understand the coordinates. Maybe the format Isn't compatible. Because it works with neongeo...
For example, google maps can use this tmn drive directly. Why don't Geocaching 4 locus?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  •  

Mek

Hello, I have an idea for this addon.
I am just a basic member so I cannot put caches to ignore list, but there are quite many caches in proximity of my HC that I know I will probably never get (mostly the T5 ones or some unsolvable mystery caches). From time to time I update my geocaches via this addon in Locus so I have fresh logs and fresh caches since some of them might have been disabled or archived. But if I delete those T5 caches, they come back after downloading caches in the area.
So what I propose, is an ignore list based on GC codes, these caches would not be downloaded and some other cache would be downloaded instead of it.
What do you think?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hello geocaching players,

It has been a long time since the last version of Geocaching4Locus was released. And I think it's almost time to release a new version.  :mrgreen:

All main new features are finished and now it's about testing and fixing bugs.

So what is new from user side?
  • Redesign of search dialog: count of caches to download edit box is moved here from Preferences
  • Added possibility to insert GC code to import (can be attached to Locus right panel).
  • Improved Live map, now limited for 250 caches on a map
  • Added favorite points to geocache dialog
  • Rewritten login part - this should fix issues with login on a some phones
  • Used new Locus API
  • Improved updating of caches (no more need to import them again)
  • Some activities can be attached to Locus right panel, see Locus documentation.
  • And also a tons of minor changes invisible for user  ;)

Download link to test version: //https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rpx02e6n5vvhly/Geocaching4Locus-1.5-a3.apk UPDATED

I still need to translate some texts to other languages. If you want to participate, here is link to GetLocalization: //http://www.getlocalization.com/Geocaching4Locus/
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

druki

Hello, I found some bug. I can not update any cache with this version. Out of cachelist with one checkbox and tool symbol I get the messate: "array size too large"
and "Out of memory".
If I use update in detailpage systemtray says geocaching4locus crashed. I sent report.
When I deinstall and install the current PlayStore version, it works. Back to the test version, the bug is reproducable again.
  •  

Martin Sloup

I uploaded a new alpha version with fixed bugs:
  • Fixed crash during updating geocache
  • Fixed wrong GUI for Android 4+
  • Better user experience if user is not logged in
  • Updated language files
  • Other minor bug fixes
Link:
//https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rpx02e6n5vvhly/Geocaching4Locus-1.5-a3.apk
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hi druki,

I seen your reported error and it's very strange. It looks like your phone has low memory or you are updating cache with very, very, very big listing. Could you send me geocache code you are updating?

Anyway I upload a new version with fixed bugs. Could you try it?
  •  

druki

Hello Arcao,
unfortunately no positive message...
I sent you an email with 2 logs (test version with errors and Play version which works) and the geocache code, but It doesn't make a difference which geocache it is.

Has anybody else tested the new versions?
  •  

wvb

I am excited about the new version but don't have time atm to test and report :-(

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

Menion

hmm this is weird. I tested it (last version of add-on) and found no problem. Maybe cache code will help. In logs are errors OutOfMemory Arcao? It should be some error in new Locus API ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

marram

Arcao: I lost this function: Creating user waypoints from personal cache note. I use it for Final waypoint (Final: N 49° 44.838 E 013° 22.674), in previous versions work it correct, download info about caches and if there was personal note with Final: ..., than it automaticaly corrected coordinates of cache. Now it did nothing.
  •  

Martin Sloup

Marran: Coordinates written in a personal cache note create custom waypoints in Locus only. If you need to change coordinates of the cache, you must use corrected coordinates feature on GC site (click on pencil icon after the coordinates). Don't forget to turn on "Move to final waypoint" in Geocaching preferences in Locus.
  •  

Martin Sloup

New test version: //https://www.dropbox.com/s/f72758uu9zt60ea/Geocaching4Locus-1.5-rc1.apk

Changes:
  • Improved GUI layout in Search nearest dialog
  • Fixed bugs in updating geocaches (reported by druki and others)
  • Needs Locus 2.8.7 because of added fixes in Locus API for Android 2.x devices
  •  

marram

Quote from: "Arcao"Marran: Coordinates written in a personal cache note create custom waypoints in Locus only. If you need to change coordinates of the cache, you must use corrected coordinates feature on GC site (click on pencil icon after the coordinates). Don't forget to turn on "Move to final waypoint" in Geocaching preferences in Locus.

Yes, when I have in personal note: "Final: 49 ...", than previous version of GC4Locus create Final waypoint and Locus automaticaly move cache to corrected coordinates (depend on my Locus settings). But now, final waypoint wasnt created.
  •  

druki

I have tested updating geocaches in several way, works fine for me now! Thank you!
  •  

lenan2do

Hello, when I start the app,  always need to login into gc account. In the past wasn't necessary.  The only change that I made is that now I'm premium member. There is any problem? Thanks I advance.

Thanks
  •