[APP] - version 1.7.x

Started by Menion, May 02, 2011, 14:54:15

Menion

17.5.2011 - Locus 1.7.4.8 Free, 1.7.4.3 Pro
Release candidate ... voala .. :). So please check and all major problems tell me. I want to release tomorrow new version. I also created one very simple skin as example (it's attached on page with How to and also as default in application). If anyone give me any sympathic skin, I can add it to app as next default skin. So do you want to be famous? :)

If anyone have some crashes during custom screen start, please delete old not functional skins and use system from new one. I have to fix some problems for those who already created some skins ... sorry for that, but as I wrote, this feature is still in rapid developing ...

Also please, can anyone test Pro version? I worked a hard on improvement of some licence checking and caching, so I need to know if this works fine on other devices. Thanks to all!! (fine means you can run in without disturbing dialog - "you have to buy payed version")

• improved custom screens viewtopic.php?f=21&t=578.
    Added some new variables (3), all skin now have to be zipped. Can include some additional files (html page, icon), better skin managing and also support for some default skin bundled within app

2.5.2011 - Locus 1.7.0
  • new Free and Pro version released on market
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

mickey_megabyte

thanks for the continued development, menion - we appreciate it.

in the wms tab of map manager, it would be good if there were actual 'clickable' links there for the wikipedia and mapmatters pages.

i'm lazy.  :D
  •  

Menion

I know .. I was lazy also, that's why there is only simple text :D
  •  

mmcyklo

Hi menion,

I have tried Lucky Vrch in Google POIS again with new version and still does not work, any idea?

BTW WMS for Katastr is REALY COOL!!! :)
  •  

Rob

HI Menion, indoor testing 1.7.4.2 routeplanning (my favorit subject :-)):
First impression: Sorry but this is anoying: each time adding a point you have to select GPS, map-center, coordinates, contact...... is there a setting to avoid this ? I really preferred the previous version- it was so fast and easy- perfect.
Also it autofills the region within the track. Clears after finalizing the planning. Is there a reason for this?
Mapswitching works very well, fast and acurat.
No difference in map display, OK.

If open track-recording, do NOT start to record and close Locus, the "recording a track icon" remains in the android status bar.
  •  

neserg

Quote from: "Rob"If open track-recording, do NOT start to record and close Locus, the "recording a track icon" remains in the android status bar.

It's not a bug, it's cool feature. Open status panel and try to tap on this icon.  ;)
  •  

Menion

Rob: I'll look at it later ... thanks for report!

and new version is here ... support for relative layout and first custom view ... "MapScreenView" so you can create for example this custom screens ;)

This can be used in new test version. "Samples" (if i can these terrible screen names as sample - I create them mainly for testing so use them as terrible example only) are for download in How to screen here.

I hope that some skilled designer will became famous. Best skin (if any will be) ... will be included as default in next release. I really hope that some of mine will not be the default :D
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "menion"Best skin (if any will be) ... will be included as default in next release. I really hope that some of mine will not be the default :D

They are really ugly :D
Could you make these screens again with wanderreit as map source  :mrgreen:

Ehmm about track recording and not starting it... i can't reproduce this. And custom screens are really weird to write in VBA :(
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

yes they are :D but they show what is possible. Possible is almost everything ;)

VBA? use notepad instead ... it's enough :)
  •  

berkley

better coming back to pen and paper :D

I just had a look over supported actions for costum screen. Do I get it right? There are "just" possibilities for displaying informations. There is currently no real action available?

BTW, I really don't want to downgrade this feature! It's very very cool!!!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

yes there is actually no action possible. It primary purpose is for displaying info. Do you want any action now? tell me ..

anyway I plan to add possibility to add some buttons that will call in first step any functions from locus. In second step I maybe add support for some scripting languge that should be attached to this button ...
  •  

berkley

First of all: Congrats for 1.000 posts!!! :D
I'm sure, there's a lot of spam ;)

Hmm, no I don't need it now. I've got enough to do at the moment.
But the whole story sounds really nice. It looks like everybody could make his own User Interface for Locus.
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

MaleSmurf

Well Menion, you know that I already started to do some CMS graphics, but it's complete different from my CMS which I did for TrekBuddy. Therefore it will take some time.  :(   And with CMS development you're so fast... too fast... for me...  :lol: Your next release will be there and I'm still playing around with the layout...  :lol:

But... you did already a lot of work to add CMS feature and you're on the right way, exactly what is needed for a great CMS!  ;)

You want to add scripting language? Is HECL available for android too?
  •  

Menion

Hi to all ... next improvements to Custom screen ...

you can now use new RotateView on many variables that will rotate custom image in view ... like on image ;). Of course you can place some overlay text over this image with RelativeLayout. You can now also use margins to view that move view on some custom place. You can see it on image as well. Big image have top margin and is placed on defined place from top border
  •  

Rob

Hi menion, thx for setting back the routeplanning to single click! It works perfect on Galaxy Tab.
What is the reason for coloring the trackarea during planning ?
Wanted to past a screenshot here, but do not know how.
krg
Rob
  •