Caching of HTML content and pictures

Started by big, November 19, 2016, 10:14:55

big

Hi,

Lately during our holidays I noticed that Locus eats up almost all volume of my Flatrate. I assume, that the HTML pane and the pictures tab of the GC POIs is the bad guy.
I noticed, that each time I opened a GC listings web view or picture tab, the content is reloaded. Is this true? Or is there a cache that prevents reloading?

If not, such a cache would save a lot of data volume, specially for GC listings with extended content...

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Good day big,

function that store cached images permanently is for some time in preparation. It may be activated over config.cfg file in root directory of Locus, parameter "dev_enable_auto_gc_offlinizer".

Currently images are cached by system itself and if I remember correctly, there is cached max. 1 MB of images, so just a few of them. Suggest to test mentioned "Automatic offlinizer" function. I plan to enable it by default soon.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

big

Thanks! I will give it a try...

... Works perfect, I should have known earlier...
  •  

big

...followup question: how much disk space is reserved for this cache? And is it cleaned automatically?

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

Glad it works.
Currently there is no cache limit. Data are stored in same place as "GC Offlinizer" function, so into "Locus/data/geocaching/. They are not cleared automatically, so best is from time to time use function in menu > settings > misc > clear temporary data > unneeded geocaching data .
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •