[APP] - version 3.20.x (31. 10. 2016+)

Started by Menion, October 26, 2016, 14:37:28

Menion

@balloni55: hmm not sure why (if) wasn't visible -1 for favorites before. -1 means that value is not defined in cache. So I'll hide "favorites" icon with number in next version in this case.
"Geofun" added to list, thanks. Difference ... there is no difference at all. Option as "co apps" was made first and when new option as direct link to application was added, I've left option over "co-apps" (which is a little bit more simple from my point of view).
"w3" ...ah ok, thanks, I'll try to improve it ...
"lonely points" ... hmm I'm not able to simulate it anymore with latest version, interesting. Video won't help here. I'll try it later with other device. Not a serious problem though, as it's in Locus for years :).

@0709: hmm glad to hear, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on November 27, 2016, 12:52:07
Locus V 3.20.1.6.
Field test: Single wave/touch gesture control proximity sensor. For me = reliable.
So far the best (in Locus) "gesture function" version I've seen.
single wave gesture very much improved thanks, not 100% but I hope may now be usable

Bug with full screen> edit track > save > there is no back button

I like the new track waypoints list, bravo.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

Single wave now works reliably and well. Too well for me in fact. I run Locus in full screen mode and it has become impossible to swipe downwards to reveal the soft Back button in order to tap it twice to exit. A downwards swipe is interpreted as a single wave and turns the screen off.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
Beta and PRO
if i record a audio as an attachement to a poi, it´s stored as .3gb file and work well :)
but it is not possible to select these .3gb files (it´s grayed) as an attachement to a poi :o
.mp3 files could be attached well
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@john_percy ... hmm interesting side-effect. Any idea that may helps here? Slide from bottom > up, so reverse then now? Or if you have sensor on one side, sliding on opposite side may help as well

@balloni55: in this case, Locus only request from system ... allow user to pick an audio file that has defined mime type "audio/*". Unfortunately it looks like Android ignore 3gp files in this case.
Seems I have found same problem asked, but no answer helped here. Hmm best looks like use total commander or other file browser (tested and works fine) for selecting these audio files.
  •  

john_percy

@menion. Slide from bottom up works for me. Or choosing double wave. But I wondered if adjusting the timing of the wave detection might be a more general solution.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

QuoteHmm best looks like use total commander or other file browser (tested and works fine) for selecting these audio files.
confirm, use TC work in this case
thanks
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

We may try it, but I'm not sure it will help here. Or better, maybe it help anyway it again create from short quick wave, something like before ... "long wave". Because exists option to show bars by pull from bottom, I should with current system for now ...

EDIT:
@balloni55: I thank You!
  •  

LocusUser#1

V3.20.1
- The preview in the track list is again not taken after an update.

Beta V3.20.1.6
- Updating the track preview by a long press on the thumbnail works only with the first track, the second does not work anymore, in V 3.20.1 it is still in order

- With Vectorkarten is no more cache used? Please re-enable it, preferably equal the cache still larger

•  

Menion

Hi,
hmm maybe I've found one issue in this track preview, I'll try to fix it, thanks!
And about cache of vector maps > there were no changes for very very long time. Cache for vector maps should work in case of disabled autoloading and disabled shading.
  •  

LocusUser#1

I see changes, note the reloading of tiles when you move the map
both versions are with the same settings (shading is on and autoloading is on).

This is the Beta Version Screencast
https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=8AF4739A80D3388B&resid=8AF4739A80D3388B%2116375&authkey=ANdh7GDmyHvvSqs

This is the Pro Version Screencast
]https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=8AF4739A80D3388B&resid=8AF4739A80D3388B%2116376&authkey=ACc30VsDA26R2z4]
  •  

Menion

hmm I do not see big difference on video, to be true. It has definitely nothing to do with a cache, because in case of enabled autoloading, cache is disabled at all.
If, then it may be connected to one optimization I had to disabled in last few beta versions. It had almost zero effect on my device, but it is possible that on slower devices, it will have bigger effect. Thanks for notification, will keep this in my mind.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on November 30, 2016, 15:39:55
...maybe it help anyway it again create from short quick wave, something like before ... "long wave". Because exists option to show bars by pull from bottom, I should with current system for now ...
@menion @0709 - although the gesture system is now working for me, it relies on detecting the object within a minimum/ maximum time window, and the display toggles on the "trailing edge" of detection. If hand is too fast or too slow then no action, only frustration. As Willy suggested a long time ago, maybe a further improvement and simplification is trigger on "leading edge" rather than "trailing edge" of detection - just wait until object is detected for minimum time then toggle display state, and completely ignore the maximum time? Example - I just hold hand over sensor, and maybe 50ms later display toggles. I remove hand any time later, no change. I again hold hand over sensor, display toggles. Simple and more timely operation, simple to document, simpler to code, more reliable.

I had been having trouble for quite a while because of Sony "Stamina mode". Gesture would work well for many minutes, then not at all. Probably after inactive time the IR sensor was turned off in this power saving mode. Thanks @0709 again for solving problem.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion 3.20.1.8 release notes in app: link from 1st topic "option to disable internal..." doesn't work - "application missing". Other links work, so I assume URL is broken.

@menion I reported this bug a few days ago but no acknowledgement - maybe you missed it - in full screen mode > edit track > save > there is no "back" button, no way to exit this screen without dragging down status bar.
  •  

Menion

Hello Andrew,
there should be no "minimal" time limit. On single wave event, Locus should react as soon as possible. Maximum time limit is set to 2 seconds! Reason for this, is to prevent action in case of cover of sensor by some flipcase, or placing device to pocket etc. 2 seconds should be enough time to cover sensor and then move hand away I believe.

Problem with " I just hold hand over sensor, and maybe 50ms later display toggles" is as I wrote ... how to detect for example device placed to pocket?

- link on web page: damn, thanks ... I always copy link from help.locusmap.eu, but it is sometimes copied without starting "http://", thanks
- issue, sorry. If this is what I think it should be, it will be solved in next version, thanks!
  •