[APP] - version 3.19.x (12. 10. 2016+)

Started by Menion, October 13, 2016, 06:45:13

Menion

Guys, I'm glad you find new interface for BRouter useful. I was worried that this solution will be hardly to understand and also Petr with Michal was little "angry" for what I again did, anyway for now I've found it as best what I can do. So enjoy it, it won't be worst :)

@Bango903: hard to help, please read here, mainly part about creating logs. With such vauge description, there is nothing I may do.

@Joachim Buhl: we are talking here about manually clicked route where these via-points are on places where you clicked? This will be changed in next version next week.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Joachim Buhl

•  

fzk

I want to use a rendering feature that was introduced with Mapsforge version 0.6.1. So the question is: What is the version of the underlying mapsforge lib?

Regards Klaus
  •  

Menion

Hi,
currently there is available version 0.6. I'll update it to 0.6.1 to next version.
  •  

fzk

Quote from: menion on October 24, 2016, 10:25:20
Hi, currently there is available version 0.6. I'll update it to 0.6.1 to next version.
That sound good. But what exactly does "next Locus version" mean? The next minor or the next major release? And is there an ETA?

Regards Klaus
  •  

Menion

as usually .. next version...
  •  

balloni55

V 3.19.0.1
-Test download of Kompass map stopped at ZL 16, and now???

Quoteoption to toggle between normal/via-points during creating a track
on which button is toggle possible?
EDIT: got it, click on set point toggle it
Quoteincreased size of texts in waypoints and log tabs of geocaches
improved a little bit ;)
Quotebetter visibility of "Quick measure" tool - the result remains now on screen for a while
good improvement, but description is wrong, result disapeare at next click and not after a while
Quotesmall issue in BBCodes description in cache waypoints
confirm solved :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Have dl a piece of "new" Kompass map (799 LoCoins)
This is too much for a useless, poorly, very old and incomplete map.
Description ("Detailed hiking map...") must be a joke.
Zomm 10, (no 11), 12, (no 13,) 14 and finally 15(!) has nothing to do with synonym "Detailed".
Nice try, but sorry - it feels like they have deceived me.

Menion

@balloni55: seems you used custom definition for download, right? In this case, may you please send me your file "/Locus/cache/init/mapDownloadConfig.lcf" , thank you!

"Quick measure" really do not disappear after / sec? Ah damn, issue, fixed ... thanks :)

@gynta: problem with word "detailed" is from your point of view zoom level , which is too low? Zoom level 15 is equal to something like paper map in 1:40k, which is more then good for cycling and commonly used for hiking. Details in this case should be more in number of details and not directly in zoom level. Anyway precise comparison should be done by more skilled people in cartography then me. Maybe @voldapet?

@Andrew Heard : ah links, thanks, missing "http://" at start of some links. Correct one should be here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/scale-on-the-graphic . Anyway well .. I first thought about "declining" of this idea, later I said why not over config, it takes a while. In the end I spend on it half a day and I really do not wants to invest more time into this :). Three votes after an year? Not too important I believe, thanks for understanding.

@0709 : Willy I'm sorry, but I'm completely lost in your post. New change cause only a simple thing ...

- start "add new route & measure"
- add points (or let Locus compute route between them). All points remains by default "green"
- save track
> result, no "via points", so recalculate feature compute new track to your finish (last points of track)

or
- start "add new route & measure"
- add points (or let Locus compute route between them). Points that are important for you > tap on them to change to "blue" Via points
- save track
> result, "via points" are visible as icon on new route, so recalculate feature compute new track to your next nearest via point or finish (last points of track)

If you case about some places, use this new "via point" system, otherway stay stick with basic planning as before. Simple and useful I believe.
  •  

balloni55

Quoteseems you used custom definition for download, right?
exactly, for test i select a small area
see file attached
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

zossebart

Menion,

thanks for the new shapepoint/viapoint switching feature in route creation! Should be very handy when planning trips (I mostly do it in Locus now)!
However, I have a small issue with the current implementation in beta version: I usually let the route between points be computed by Brouter and when I tap on a green "shapepoint" to convert it to a viapoint, Locus always recalculates both route sections before and after this point up to the next point (which can take quite some time depending on the distance).
I think it is the "rubberband" feature which allows to move a point again that causes this. However, I do not want to move the point, I only want to switch it! Is this maybe because my tap is too "noisy" and is interpreted as a (very) small movement of the point, which in turn triggers recalculation?
If this is the case, would it be possible to implement a minimum distance of movement (in pixels) before actually interpreting it as movement, otherwise interpret ist as tap to switch point type?

I hope you understand what I mean...

Regards,
zossebart
  •  

Menion

@balloni55 thanks, I'll look at it

@zossebart I understand perfectly. I noticed this bug!! few days ago as well and completely forget to fix it, thanks for remind!!
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello

What 0709 mean is, that in the new beta there is no way to have a "silent/invisible" via point.
Green (Straight) and Blue (Down Arrow) are both announced and disturbing.
So Green should convert in a normal track point after saving wihtout any symbol or announcement.

Thanks
  •  

Menion

@Joachim Buhl , @0709 .. thanks ... well "straight" command? But Locus itself do not created such command between segments. This happen when you draw route without any navigation service (just straight lines)? If only with some service, what service you use? Because it should be probably effect of this service. Maybe some new change in latest BRouter version? Have to try it ...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on October 28, 2016, 14:32:55
"Quick measure" really do not disappear after / sec? Ah damn, issue, fixed ... thanks :)
I actually like the new system in which measurement stays displayed until another tap by user. But you can't please everyone ;-) Also happy with short timeout.

Quote from: menion on October 28, 2016, 14:32:55
@Andrew Heard : ah links, thanks, missing "http://" at start of some links. Correct one should be here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/scale-on-the-graphic . Anyway well .. I first thought about "declining" of this idea, later I said why not over config, it takes a while. In the end I spend on it half a day and I really do not wants to invest more time into this :). Three votes after an year? Not too important I believe, thanks for understanding.
@menion - thanks for link - there were 5 pages of topics with my search of "chart vertical" so I missed that one. Topic 1 year old. I have now voted for it. I still like the general idea, but now with SRTM elevations I hope chance of large vertical spikes will be less. Previously if GPS paused for shopping or lunch say then after resume there could be large change in initial elevation (I think as GPS elevation calculations stabilize/ average), causing large spike in chart, so chart line is mostly flat at bottom of chart with auto scale, quite annoying.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •