Share Track on Facebook Question

Started by Gorkde, October 10, 2016, 17:00:37

Gorkde

Hello, for the first time I  tried to share a track on Facebook.

But to my amazement when the track is clicked you don't get to for example Google Maps where the track is shown but instead to a Locus pafe where Locus is advertised.

This pretty much sucks!

I don't have the latest version. Has this been changed by now? If not it should urgently, else that function is unusable an one would need to switch to another app. But since I like Locus I wouldn't like to.
  •  

Menion

Good day Gorkde,
unfortunately this is how this feature currently works. It is currently limited by missing web server where we should store and display these tracks on web.
Alternative solution is to use "Track preview" function and share generated preview.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Gorkde

You don't need a server since anyone can use Google Maps for saving their tracks and waypoints.

So if it's not possible (I don't know) to save it on Google without any login you would just need to ask the user to login and then it can be shared on Google Maps.
  •  

Menion

Hmm and how this may be done? I have no information about such service, where application may upload some tracks to users profile.
  •  

Gorkde

As far as I know it could be done with Google My Maps.

You can upload content and create own maps. So it should be possible also to have the App login with the Info of the user and upload that.

https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/3024836?hl=en
  •  

Gorkde

Or maybe with

https://mapmaker.google.com/

But that service is also new to me, just discovered it.
  •  

Menion

Thanks Gorkde, "My maps" system is known to me little, but even after longer searching, I'm unfortunately unable to find any information about required API for developers, that allows to upload tracks to own My Maps account. So I'm sorry, for now it is not simply possible.
  •  

Gorkde

Oh that's bad. Maybe you can get in touch with Google and add it lateron. Thanks for your effort!
  •