SFRJ or former YUgoslavia topo maps from around 1958. Jugoslavija topo mape 200k

Started by Dejan Jeremić Jera, September 12, 2016, 12:37:53

Dejan Jeremić Jera

i made some maps of former Yugoslavia for locus app. They are made with mapc2mapc program(also sheets are merged within same program, gdal translate was used to convert Hermannskogel datum to WGS84). As far as i tested them(tested around Banja Luka city and mountain Manjača), they are accurate within~30-40 m.
they are scanned in 300 dpi, map scale is 1:200 000
maps are in .gemf format i think you need both files to use them in locus(.gemf and .zdat file)
For those unfortunate people with windows phones>>> gemf format you can use also in some app for that OS, because there is no Locus for that platform...
I miss (read-> i dont have paper versions of Celje, Split and Kriva Palanka sheets).And i did not scanned Serbia and Montenegro yet, although i have those in paper versions, since i have to pay for scanning, and i am bit short in money atm.
Considering Serbia, map is pretty outdated because DJerdap dam did not existed in those times...

https://mega.nz/#F!oB8ACCrS!-70yeh7yHbaqwv81wcP29g
  •  

Dejan Jeremić Jera

do someone need Serbia and Montenegro territory from same map sheets? I can make them within 1 month...
if someone have decent scans of Celje, Split and Kriva Palanka, please send me download link so i can incorporate them also

map image of djerdap gorge within those maps:
https://mega.nz/#!1QcGmCbY!CiKAQ64CcjJVoG2_r9_awicYXKd9cIljfnI9T1azHmI
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
I've tried your maps and ... well done :)  However do you know:
- who is the owner/provider of scanned map, are there any terms of use for there paper map? I know that maps are quite old but could be possible to add them into official Locus store
- are there any newer topo maps for Serbia/Monte Negro?

Thank you
Petr
  •  

Dejan Jeremić Jera

Owner of paper maps is my caving club>>>  http://www.asak.org.rs
I am owner of scans.
considering terms of using them they are not meant to use for caving purposes without contacting our club(info is old anyway)
As far as i know(i asked ppl here who are dealing heremaps and similar software) they are too old for copyright.
Military-geographical institute in Belgrade do not have those map anymore (those by Paris meridian) in 200k scale, in fact they dont sell any paper map by Paris meridian.
I dont have allowance to post newer versions although i have complete: Serbia in 25 and 50k scale, complete Montenegro in 50k scale, complete Slovenia in 25k, and complete Bosnia&Herzegovina in 25k (latest is just scans it is not yet prepared for locus , it would take me 3 months to rename, georeference, re-project, crop, and merge them). If someone need those newer versions for personal use, i can share them individually.
For those maps i posted i will ask if it is OK to put them in locus store(i will reply here about that info).

•  

voldapet

Hi
OK, thank you for info. Honestly I'm not sure if almost 60 years old map are useful. I guess that lot's of natural elements is still valid but 60 years is 60 years. Or how old are the newer 50k  and 25k maps?
I only want to know if there is any reason to spent 3 months with preparation maps for Locus.
You're probably right.It can be better to share some limited number of map personally than prepare complete maps for whole country. Only to users that are really interested in.
  •  

Dejan Jeremić Jera

finally i got my answer:

it is ok to put maps in locus store(free section of course)
50k maps are from around 1982. 25k maps are from around 1971. we dont have newer ones.
  •  

voldapet

Ok, I'll also discuss with the rest of team if it's good idea to offer these old maps (of course for free). However I'd prefer to offer list of maps for some defined area. For example for whole country or region (separated into several files). I'd also prefer sqlitedb RMAP format (Mapc2mapc) supports this format.
Are there any plans to convert more files? The question is if Locus users are interested in these maps :)
  •  

Dejan Jeremić Jera

ok i will post separate map sheets and make them in .sqlitedb in a few days. Those sheets that i miss i just cannot obtain.
Is it OK to make them in zoom levels 10-13, maybe 10-14(one file is ~250mb large in that case)?  let me see how this is going... to convert more.
I am sure that people from Bosnia and Macedonia will be interested in those since there are not many choices for them...(anyway you will see how many downloads you got)
  •