Trace remains after navigation

Started by Siftersam, August 19, 2016, 11:12:48

Siftersam

A quick question, I expect the answer is an easy one but I can't find it!

When using Locus for navigation a trace / series of points is left behind. I can't find an option in the settings to turn this off. Any ideas?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Sounds like you want to disable automatic track recording. Take a look at settings > Track recording.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

gynta

Hello Siftersam
Your quick question isn't really clear.
Turn off Navigation?
Long press Button "2" / end navigation
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:navigation#navigation_settings

john_percy

Sounds to me like the thin line that is left behind after navigation is finished. Tap on the line, tap on the pop up fly out, select "hide".
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Siftersam

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 19, 2016, 11:59:52
Sounds like you want to disable automatic track recording. Take a look at settings > Track recording.
Possibly but I can't see that option

Quote from: john_percy on August 19, 2016, 12:18:19
Sounds to me like the thin line that is left behind after navigation is finished. Tap on the line, tap on the pop up fly out, select "hide".
Exactly that - It is the thin line that remains and I have been hiding it as you suggest. What I want to find is an option to stop the line being created at all.

Thanks for the replies so far.
  •  

Siftersam

Here's an image. See the thin line behind the navigation route.

Strangely the line is on the suggested route and not on the actual route taken. This one shows how I need to hide it to get rid of it.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@Siftersam try Main menu > settings > Track recording > Automatic start = No action.

@menion BTW - this setting could have blue text on Track recording settings screen indicating the current value.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, well .. thanks for screenshots. What you see is simple navigation line that is draw in defined style "before" and in light version "after" you.
Unfortunately for You, part you already ride cannot be completely hidden. One of main reasons is, that for longer tracks it do not always display correctly, so at least I personally am sometimes glad, that I see both lines.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Siftersam

OK thanks. It seems like it stays regardless.

I do still wonder why the track / trace left behind is shown on the route suggested by the navigation when first calculated and not the actual route taken.

When at work I turned on the navigation to get home (just to get some screen shots) and the route is chosen. I deviate from the route and it re calculates. After navigation i check the trace and it's on the suggested route not the actual route.
Then because it's of no use I have to tap on the trace and use the menu to hide it. It's not a moan, it's just something i find unusual and wanted to turn it off.

•  

Menion

Understand.

Here depend on how method you use. Are you using "to get home" function "Navigate to" from menu or "Add new route"? If you use second mentined, where you plan your track manually and later starts navigation, it should work as You describe. Because you plan some route, you store it and later use for navigation. And in case, Locus recalculate new route for you because you deviate from original plan, it make sense to keep original track. If you use "Navigate to", then this feature use just temporary track that should not remain on screen when navigation ends.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •