Server problem for LoMaps...?

Started by sbouju, August 16, 2016, 14:25:04

sbouju

I could not ask Locus Maps to compute a navigaion for me in offline mode, this morning.
I have this reply  message:

Unable to resolve host
"http://www.yournavigation.org/"
No adress associated with hostname.
  •  

poutnikl

It is not problems of servers for LoMaps.
It is problems of the 3rd party servers, providing online routing service YOURS, alternative to e.g. Map|Quest.
Or, it is  a general networking problem of DNS service, resolving domain addresses to IP addresses.

But, as I have checked it now, the address does work, so it was probably a temporary problem.

sbouju

Thank you :)
So I shall retry soon...
  •  

sbouju

Retried sometimes, but I cannot make any routing when off-line with LocusMapPro + LoMaps.
  •  

poutnikl

Hmm, and why do you think you should be able to do any Locus LoMaps routing when off-line ?

I originally missed the off-line mode in your  first post, thinking you had just troubles with online routing service.
In off-line mode you obviously cannot access any network servers.

Do you have installed and properly configured any 3rd party off-line router, like BRouter or GraphHopper ?

As Locus does not have any off-line routing capabilities itself.
It does not have any own routing engine.
Additionally, used format of MapQuest vector map and Mapquest map manipulation libraries
do not allow using the LoMaps vector data for routing.

sbouju

OK, thank you, and really sorry: I understand now that I was trying something not possible...!
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: sbouju on August 31, 2016, 19:43:57
OK, thank you, and really sorry: I understand now that I was trying something not possible...!
As Poutnikl mentioned, there are options. I am using BRouter since long time and like it very much.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

sbouju

Thank you too, Michael:) I shall have a second look to this BRouter, which has seemed to me not very (end-)user friendly first ;)
  •  

poutnikl

If you consider just a car navigation/routing, evaluate also alternative GPS navigation software , dedicated to cars, having fully offline solution. E.g. MapsFactor Navigator.

For bike and foot naviagtion, BRouter as a 3rd party offline routing service can be better choice than online sources or general offline navigation software. As they often do not consider bicycle specifics, while BRouter does so a lot.

sbouju

Yes, I shall have a look to this BRouter, for my EUC offline navigation, even if the solution of just Locus and a good offline map is already fine ;)

When I am in car and offline, I usually use Sygic, already, and also Google Maps, since a short time... The offline option of Maps works only for car, at this time, if a navigation is needed. Sygic give also a navigation for pedestrian, being offline.
  •