Creating ADDON

Started by Menion, April 25, 2011, 13:00:49

Menion

Hi to all developers,
  if someone would like to create addon for Locus, here will be some suggestions

• write me about it. Maybe I have something similar already prepared, maybe I should give you some tips ...
  • use prefix name "Locus - addon ..." which allow people to know that this is only extension to Locus. Also by this people should find your addon directly from application (since version 1.6.1)
  • use template for icons attached here. Look on already myself created addons and try to keep current style
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dehnhardt

Dear Menion,

First of all, locus (pro) really is a great application. I had my first experiences two weeks ago on a 3day bicycle tour and I'm really impressed! (Only the display on my Desire HD is not bright enough...)

I would like to create a plugin to load and show tracks from gpsies.com.
We have a site for creating tracks for bikes in Berlin. (bbbike.de - bbbike.org/berlin)
Currently, to load these tracks, I store them in gpsies, download them to my phone an import them in Locus pro.
Due to the fact, that I storing the tracks in gpsies might be a good idea anyway, I would like to show a list of personal tracks in locus, together with the ability to import them.

So what do you think about that Idea?

Holger
  •  

berkley

Good Morning,

Why don't you go for MyMaps? Very simple and already integrated... :D

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

hmm My Maps have anyway some limits on points, so that's why I'm not supporting upload tracks to My Maps. About GPSies, if you noticed I already added support for upload to this server. I'm also in contact with author of GPSies web server, so I think that best should be to add support for downloading directly into Locus, without need for some addon in this case. Mainly because I have already prepared communication with server. It this OK or you really want to write this addon? This is possible of course :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dehnhardt

Menion,

of course I'm perfectly fine if you implement it directly;-)
So I will wait for the next release(s).

And again: A big thank you!

Holger
  •