Increase map resolution for specific map

Started by eldron, July 11, 2016, 23:36:43

eldron

Hi,
I was wondering if it's somehow possible to use the "increase map resolution" setting only for tile maps.
I often switch between tile and vector maps and the tile maps (online or offline, mainly google maps) are too small to read. I then increase the map resolution in the advanced map settings and it works fine for the tile maps. But when i change back to vector maps everything is way too big.
So i was hoping that i could set the resolution just for tile maps or even per map but couldn't find anything. Even a quick way of changing the resolution from the side panel would be great.
Any ideas on how to do that?

Menion

Good morning eldron,

this is something I tried to do few months ago and it shows to be quite complicated. For now it is not possible, but it is definitely planned (and urgently needed, agree).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Hi Menion,
great to hear that it´s already on your to-do list :-)
I could imagine a few different ways on how/where to implement it:
1) The user can set the resolution zoom per map in each map´s details.
2) The zoom can be set for all tile/sql maps (might not be the best solution for everyone).
3) Locus automatically remembers the zoom for each individual map.
4) A new button on the side panel that takes you directly to the resolution setting.
As always, I´m very much looking forward to future versions of locus and thanks a lot for the new geotagged photos layer!
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: eldron on July 12, 2016, 08:42:06
Hi Menion,
great to hear that it´s already on your to-do list :-)
I could imagine a few different ways on how/where to implement it:
1) The user can set the resolution zoom per map in each map´s details.
2) The zoom can be set for all tile/sql maps (might not be the best solution for everyone).
3) Locus automatically remembers the zoom for each individual map.
4) A new button on the side panel that takes you directly to the resolution setting.
As always, I´m very much looking forward to future versions of locus and thanks a lot for the new geotagged photos layer!

I can imagine two concepts for this topic - the one already discussed, with maps (type) related resolution settings. The other one is to get control interactively at ONE (!!) finger tip: currently the + and - buttons at the bottom are very wide. Which leaves room to split them. Left hand side of each button zooms in and out as before (with all consequences for vector rendering or overlay handling etc.). Right hand side increases or decreases the resolution by a configured factor, regardless of map at display, i.e. the current configuration parameter for resolution becomes a multiplier/division factor, employed by the bottom buttons. Much more powerful than today, and very easy to implement.

Paradise would be to have both concepts at hand :-)
  •