zoom out in offline mode

Started by zayed, December 07, 2010, 15:01:28

zayed

I've installed Locus 0.6.9. I chose a region and download it. After  that try to zoom in/out but I can't in offline mode. Is that a known bug?
  •  

Menion

hi
 I don't know about any bug in zooming offline maps (only one when zooming on SQLiteDB maps with multitouch), so ...

did you really downloaded more zooms? When you select area and then choosing zooms, you have to select all that want to show later as offline ...

if you already downloaded more zooms and still is available only one, please send me on email your downloaded map pack and I'll look at it ;)

PS: you can also zoom only in one zoom level (by re-rastering map). It's done by lock button and then zoom-in/out, but this is not true zoom ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

so, problem by email solved.

solution? just check more then one zoom level on downloading screen ;)
  •  

notuo

Hi.

I have to add here. I am getting this kind of issue as well.

I have  locus 0.9.1 and downloaded all the maps (different zooms) by state (Mexico in my case, using google standard). After a wait I noticed that all the maps I already downloaded were removed by the new ones. No problem until here.

Also after the whole download I finally see the downloaded maps in the screen (I hadn't  before)

Ths UserMaps screen shows  zooms: 19,18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12 but these are not all the available in google.  

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. But I like to download all the maps for Mexico to the best zoom level.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
  •  

Menion

Hi notua,
  I know, it's kind of issue and I have to solve it into next version. I'll allow to download all sub-layers until lowest one ...

EDIT 7:30 :)
  OK so first today task done - issue fixed, wait for new release, today or tomorrow ...
  •  

notuo

wow menion,

I have to say:

1) Thanks for the support. Donation on his way. (besides this I was planning to. I love your app)

2) Thanks for your answer.

3) Thanks for the fix.

Regards,
  •  

mojo

I am still having problems with this. I am on 0.9.15. When I select an offline tarred map it displays properly but I can't zoom in or out. I have to go and select a different map...

Is there a way of automatically choosing the right map and allowing zoom? I want to use tarred maps because I want to store a huge area (10GB+ of data, I travel by train a lot when overseas) in multiple tar achives. Locus is the only app that even comes close to allowing this!

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
  •