Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)  (Read 78434 times)

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
Re: [APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2016, 01:42:03 »
For the explanatory text, maybe "Avoid route that may be difficult in wet weather."
nicely worded, purpose is clear, or Avoid sections that may be more difficult in wet weather?

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6-128G) / And9-Pie / LocusMap Pro
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2016, 09:38:42 »

[...]In the Locus UI, may I suggest: "Wet conditions".  That means, in a general sense, things are wet right now.  "Is wet" implies knowledge of the route, but you haven't been there specifically yet.

For the explanatory text, maybe "Avoid route that may be difficult in wet weather."  (In North American English, the term "road" doesn't include trails, which are part of this.)[...]

"Wet conditions" seems good. "Iswet" followed the naming of my profile variable.  There  is useful to know there are 3 different contexts in BRouter profiles. Global context, way context and node context. Iswet is defined at global context, with no relation to any particular way or route.. There is another related variable ismuddy, at way context, with meaning the particular way has changed surface quality due wet conditions.

For the explanation, I would avoid the verb "to avoid", as the real meaning is just shifting of preferences. E.g.in an illustrative example of 2 alternatives, a primary road and a soil track: The soil track may be chosen in dry conditions if less than e.g. 1.5 times longer than the other one. At wet conditions, the threshold is moved to other value, e.g. 0.3 times longer.

Perhaps rather ways then route.  Like  "Prefer ways not difficult at wet weather"   Difficult may not be fully correct, if related to technical aspects involving skills. But I agree it is hard to choose single verb describing all aspects.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:42:47 by poutnikl »
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6-128G) / And9-Pie / LocusMap Pro
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2016, 09:56:32 »
For the explanatory text, maybe "Avoid route that may be difficult in wet weather."
nicely worded, purpose is clear, or Avoid sections that may be more difficult in wet weather?
But it does not avoid them. Just shifts the point of switching the decision.
Section can be misleading, as it is unclear what it means. Why not just the old good  (OSM) ways ?
The shift of preferences can be justified by either of being difficult(skills) and being unpleasant(perception).
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2016, 00:31:12 »
Section can be misleading, as it is unclear what it means. Why not just the old good  (OSM) ways ?
The shift of preferences can be justified by either of being difficult(skills) and being unpleasant(perception).
I think only people familiar with OSM terminology would understand the meaning of "way" in this context. For the majority of english speaking people it reads quite strange. "Section" was more generic, but in new suggestion below "route" reads better to me. There are plenty of other places in Locus where the text could be improved and/or go round in endless discussions for marginal benefit.

Improving grammar & changing the negative (not) into a positive:
"Prefer easier ways when wet weather"
"Prefer easier route when wet weather"

Offline voldapet

• Administrator
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:23 »
Hi guys,
I'd like to inform you that in the latest beta are available Polish Compass.pl (http://www.compass.krakow.pl )outdoor maps. Please visti the Locus store > Europe > Poland to test the map ( if you're interested in)
Petr

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2016, 17:16:13 »
@gynta: title of "request for location" in navigation screen improved, thanks. Btw. Locus always ask for target point. Start is set to GPS
Settings flags for every profile separately was declined after some discussion month or two before. Flags are united for all profiles for now.

@jusc: not sure how may I help here? Code of Locus Map has no effect on some crazy hacks in your device, sorry

@balloni55: rotate of "map items", indeed, thanks! "Temporary" ... all that is not stored in database is in Locus world considered as temporary

Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • Locus live tracking service
  • Device: SM-A530F(A8) Android 8.0.0
« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2016, 21:09:15 »
Settings flags for every profile separately was declined after some discussion month or two before.
Flags are united for all profiles for now.
?
Your label was "INTERNAL THEMES" (see shot)
but we use PROFILES

BRouter profiles from ".../brouter/profiles2/" folder are NOT INTERNAL

my profiles from ".../Locus/data/brouter/" are NOT INTERNAL

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2016, 22:23:43 »
Well ...
- "begin" should be already changed (not sure but it should be already in Beta version)
- "GraphHopper data" - description is wrong, files have to be in defined root directory for vector maps
- "icon for calibrated maps" - why is wrong? it's icon from "On board calibrator" function. And blurred .. possible
- "Locus routing flags" - on this I made answer before, started with "Settings flags for every profile separately..."
- "attribution below BRouter" - thanks, I'll look at it
- "internal themes" ... this is task in preparation, anyway thanks, I'll fix this
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2016, 21:00:24 »
- "icon for calibrated maps" - why is wrong?
blurred .. possible
that's the point. = wrong  ;)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2016, 21:50:55 »
Heh, oki, and what image you expect when into this directory are automatically placed all maps from this function http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_tools:calibrator ? Just ... different, right? :)
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2016, 21:55:08 »
misunderstanding
only "blurred" = wrong

Offline jusc

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 and Note 2
« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2016, 13:35:11 »
@jusc: not sure how may I help here? Code of Locus Map has no effect on some crazy hacks in your device, sorry

hmm  :o  crazy hacks?
For example my music streaming app stores and caches after an update the music files without any problem on external sd card, if it is set in the app.
Locus is the only app, that doesn´t work with my external sd and custom rom (marshmallow) , if I don´t edit the data/system/packages.xml new installation and after every update. Maybe this is not the best way for Android 6.01, but it works so far.

My question is, if Locus creates the new entry in packages.xml while installing an update? If you know a better way to use the external SD as working directory for storing tracks and so on, please let me know.

Regards J.

Offline john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:15 »
OS Street View Map for the UK incorrectly appears in the store providers under OpenStreetMap.
OS is Ordnance Survey, linked to the UK government and nothing to do with OSM. This map is however made freely available by OS.

Offline voldapet

• Administrator
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2016, 10:23:16 »
@john_percy
Thank you - fixed.