Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)  (Read 74623 times)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: [APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2016, 21:46:15 »
guys, no need to worry about "is wet" parameter. It's really just "working name". Section around BRouter needs to be improved completely as I mentioned few times and as well these parameters. Anyway thanks Libor for explanation, it helps.

@gynta: deleting *.db files, thanks, agree, I'll look at it ..
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • Locus live tracking service
  • Device: SM-A530F(A8) Android 8.0.0
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2016, 15:52:30 »
graphhopper.app(!) expected his routing files in "..Locus/mapsVector/"
( descripted in Forum )

but Locus navigation settings expected this file in current vector map folder (could be differet)

- Description in Forum is wrong.
- Checkroutine inside graphhopper app is wrong.

- Locus navigation settings detects the missing files error - but show me wrong start/errorscreen:

(here I have selected graphhopper - not brouter)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 15:54:06 by gynta »

Offline Sersus2

• View Profile
  • Device: Sony Xperia Z3 compact
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2016, 21:55:54 »
I think in the last Pro version from the Google Play the TTS engine doesn't work. Today I tried many combinations of settings to make Locus to voice my custom kml tracks during navigation with no success.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 21:57:40 by Sersus2 »

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2016, 22:22:11 »
recognized no problem here in setting.
please check:
settings / language & units / Text-to-speech settings / button "Test text-to-speech"
and
settings / Navigation / Select voice / select Text-To-Speech

what happend?
If there is no problem, please attach your kml track
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 22:23:42 by gynta »

The following users thanked this post: Sersus2

Offline Sersus2

• View Profile
  • Device: Sony Xperia Z3 compact
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2016, 07:21:51 »
recognized no problem here in setting.
It's a weird thing but after reinstalling the application and restoring all the settings is has started to work.  :-[

Offline abrensch

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2016, 19:48:40 »
So, user steps are:
1. Attempt Brouter navigation in Locus but get timeout.
2. Use Brouter app to do same calculation, using remote.brf profile and selecting a to point and a from point.
3. Now it will work in Locus so either import track, or recalculate.
Am I right? If so it's still not very user friendly.

I uploaded a new version with some (60%) Performance improvement, and with a new shortcut to simplify this workflow:
(not yet on play, only here: http://brouter.de/brouter/revisions.html )

After a timeout, if you start brouter-app (within 5 minutes) you see "<repeat timeout>" in the profile list, and this way you can redo the timed-out calculation and update the reference track without any further click.

More user friendly?

BTW, seems that in the current Locus version, the display of timeout-messages (or any other error-messages) is broken.

The following users thanked this post: poutnikl

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Motorola G3 MM 6.01
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2016, 20:51:05 »
Section around BRouter needs to be improved completely as I mentioned few times and as well these parameters
sure, but it is in official version and after tests with different settings i am sometimes surprised

Example: i want to "route" on an official hike trial "E1"

Setting:
1 Compute Route "Foot" no additional settings
2 Compute Route "Foot" with Custom setting "on"
3 Compute Route "Foot" with Custom setting "on" and "is wet" checked

with "add route&measure"
- result with basic settings (1) is ok  :)
- what is the difference in setting (2) custom??? where get user any info about this?? for me this track could be the wet one
- setting (3) far away ... unusable

with "navigate to"
- why is result with setting (1) different :-[

A checkbox inside custom settings "follow official tracks if possible" would make make more sense ;)
Locus PRO 3.38.3

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6-128G) / And9-Pie / LocusMap Pro
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2016, 21:45:17 »
Generally I think, that publishing this Locus direct Brouter mapping feature in public locus version is rather premature, but if it happened, it at least can serve as a wider base user feedback.

Custom settings OFF works with BRouter as before, using Brouter transportation mode-profile mapping, by default the  shortest profile.

Custom settings ON was set by Menion's decision to the foot profile Walking, that is technically my Hiking template with set preferred SAC scale 0 ( T0 ) and max SAC scale 1 ( T1 ).

There are 2 important objection notes I have:
1/ Walking profile is aimed rather for general foot usage for walks in easy or even urban areas. Simple stone paths of SAC T2 difficulty are already forbidden.   For Hiking is better rather Hiking-SAC2 profile, or Mountain-hiking SAC3 profile. See also https://github.com/poutnikl/Hiking-Poutnik

2/ iswet flag is good rather for easy walks or trips around hybrid surface OSM way network, to prefer better surface in wet weather, if you want so - what is not always case of hiking.  For hiking on surfaces of similar kind, like all soil / grass or all gravel/stones, it makes much less sense.

My foot profiles uses as default mild foot route preference, that can be increased,given by parameter
hiking_routes_preference =   0.20  ( it cca means 6 km or official track =  5 km of otherwise identical but not offical one.
Strict  "follow official tracks if possible" is not useful in cities and even in terrain may lead to undesired effects like following 20 km detour to avoid 2 km of non marked path. But I agree something like "Strong official track preference" can make good sense. Similarly as  (conditional) Follow cycleroute flag in my bike profiles, or Stick to cycleroutes in standard Trekking.brf profile.

Menion for now decided to support only boolean flags, addressing numerical parameters by different profiles, as I do for bike profiles.

Why there is result for (1) = Brouter foot default shortest different for add route and measure and navigate to, I have no idea.
( Unless different viapoints were used or Alternative BRouter route calculation was triggered. )
There was also some issue with rounding coordinate error in BRouter, but since 1.4.3 it should be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 21:48:05 by poutnikl »
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2016, 12:46:18 »
@abrensch: I'm currently sending "maxRunningTime" set to value 120, does it have any effect on this time-out? Because from what other write, seems that still default 60 seconds is used.

@poutnikl: Generally I think that BRouter over Locus currently use limited number of active users and when I need some feedback, it's usually best to take this risk and publish a  not-yet-perfectly-finished feature directly in public version.

Thanks for extra description for "Foot" profiles. I'll improve it based on your description to next version, that should also solve issue that had @balloni55 with his 2 or 3 option.

I would like to stick with boolean parameters as long as possible. We will see. Is there anything you consider as essential that is currently missing in parameters and that should be easily added?

EDIT: I'll check issue with "add new route" & "navigate to", thanks

Is here anyone active in OSM mapping? If so, may you please look at this topic? Thanks
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/export-of-manually-drawn-routes-to-openstreetmap
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline abrensch

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2016, 14:29:27 »
@abrensch: I'm currently sending "maxRunningTime" set to value 120, does it have any effect on this time-out? Because from what other write, seems that still default 60 seconds is used.

type mismatch. Expecting "String" but getting "Integer"

Offline poutnikl

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6-128G) / And9-Pie / LocusMap Pro
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2016, 15:33:00 »
@poutnikl: Generally I think that BRouter over Locus currently use limited number of active users and when I need some feedback, it's usually best to take this risk and publish a  not-yet-perfectly-finished feature directly in public version.

Thanks for extra description for "Foot" profiles. I'll improve it based on your description to next version, that should also solve issue that had @balloni55 with his 2 or 3 option.

I would like to stick with boolean parameters as long as possible. We will see. Is there anything you consider as essential that is currently missing in parameters and that should be easily added?

Yes, I do understand the reason for publishing to get wider user base. :-)
Sticking to booleans if fine, as the chosen numerical values can be sticked to a boolean as well.

For now, for foot context, I think about hiking router preference management, expressed in the profile by default parameter
assign hiking_routes_preference  0.20 ( 5 km of marked route = 6 km of the same, but non route ) what means a mild penalty for a way not being a hiking route.

I think about 2 booleans, that may be in outdoor Hiking context even more important than iswet parameter.
One boolean would set strong route preference, e.g. 0.60-1.0 ( 5 km of marked route = 8-10 km of the same, but non route )
the other boolean would mean stick to routes, restricting to routes only.
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2016, 09:37:50 »
Thanks Libor, really appreciate your help with this task.

Preference for "hiking route" sounds logical for me. Other two parameters, not sure about it. Hard to say how much longer route people are willing to go. Maybe we will see based on some feedback from usage?
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2016, 18:34:15 »
New BETA version 3.18.9.1 is just uploading to Google Play.

Main changes I want to highlight:
- new screen for work with "map items" that replace "items" tab in data manager
- massive rewrite of finalizing generated/created tracks (last step, merging etc.). This change needs to be tested and excuse possible problems that may happen here
- BRouter configuration - I was sitting maybe one/two hours with tea on it and I was not able to find working solution (from my developer point of view) that will satisfy me. Generally I agree with Arndt comments, but I hope this will be usable compromise for all ;). At least till I return at 20. 9. from small vacation ... feedback is anyway welcome.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2016, 21:21:22 »
thx for fixing http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5199.msg44648#msg44648
BRouter.. hmm - I think we need more beta versions after your vacation :)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2016, 22:08:45 »
BRouter.. hmm - I think we need more beta versions after your vacation :)
Not working at all?
Ideas, wishes, problems