[APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2016, 20:21:08

slarti76

Quote from: menion on August 03, 2016, 11:36:06
Hehe, don't worry, it's not planned for now ;). When You use it for this case, don't forget to try new similar feature optimized just for tracks .. tap on track, bottom "share" button > track preview.
Yeah, I know - voted for that  8) And like it - but as I said, for connected trips, the screen export is still a great addition.
  •  

balloni55

@ Petr

while playing with "new" locus themes i´ve noticed different behavior depending on locus version and on used map ::)
on my SGS2 with badenwurttemberg map and V 3.18.5  names of this 5 villages are displayed from ZL 13-17 ;D

on my Moto G3 with badenwurttemberg map and V 3.18.6 name of 4 villages are displayed from ZL 13-17
only village name "Zaisersweiher" isn´t displayed on ZL17 ???

with map germany_south and V 3.18.6
names of this 5 villages are displayed on ZL13
zooming in
"Sternenfels" isnt displayed at ZL14 +17
"Diefenbach" isnt displayed at  ZL14 + 16

this is only an examle, i noticed this also on other parts of the map

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

Just tried the new Share Track feature for the first time. What is the theme used ? The map in the picture is definitely not the map shown in normal Locus display ...

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

voldapet

@balloni55
I didn't study your issue deeply but it seems that it's our long term issue with text caption and labels. I don't think that menion changed anything in last version so it's only on Mapforge logic if text is shown or not. The main reason will be probably in different resolution of your devices. This causes different size of text and finally influence if text will or will not be shown. I'm sorry but I guess that we can not offer any quick solution...but it's more on menion ;)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: michaelbechtold on August 07, 2016, 16:08:08
Just tried the new Share Track feature for the first time. What is the theme used ? The map in the picture is definitely not the map shown in normal Locus display ...

Anybody knows ?

•  

Menion

Hi. Map in this preview is best available vector map with last selected theme.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

TXS Menion. I think there is a reason people select a particular map, regardless of vector or tile. And no reason to take any other map for the purpose of screenshot.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

There is a lot of reasons why I do it. Coverage of raster maps (not exactly known in most of cases), zoom range of raster maps (biggest problem), license options (not always exactly known), time necessary to create screenshot (should be problem mainly in case of online maps). Because of all this, currently only vector maps are supported.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Understand the raster map topic (and license may not be the least of it).
For a vector map, though (and this is the only thing I tested, and just did again), there should be no reason to take another map than the one shown to the user, nor to take another theme than the user chose.
With my test right now, I see a different map and a different theme in the resulting Locus screenshot. Why ?
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 3.18.6.2
Many fixes already reported by users + first attempt to new version of "items" screen (available in menu > more) and first attempt to custom configuration for BRouter profiles directly over Locus.
Locus will now display also profiles stored in Locus/data/brouter (for those who wants to play with it). Such profiles also support "on the fly" definition of "avoid_motorways" and "avoid_toll" parameters. Check sample attached file if interested. Hope you find it useful.

@michaelbechtold: well, reason is currently quite simple ... because I have function "get me best vector map for this area", which is used in this case. Because all maps except LoMaps do not have precisely defined bounding area, it is little bit risky to use just a method "use current map". In such case, there is a chance, then map won't cover required area.

I'm sorry, for now I do not have a better solution. Because of this, it may end, that user itself will be able to manually choose a map, that he wants to use. Just an option ...

•  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

gynta

btw. thank you for bring back the (right) green GPS Satfix icon...

balloni55

Thanks for possibility to disable left REC-button :)

- no map preview in data track tab

brouter profiles:
- allways long list of available"profiles". I think only meaningfull profiles should be available for selection, or what is the realistic use of  e.g "CAR-SHORT > Walking"  or  "FOOT > Car ECO"
- Where can user find abbreviation of e.g. SAC4 or FCR
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@gynta: heh you mean as default content in panels? Well, we realized that it is quite complicated to solve tasks like "check if Locus has GPS fix" :)

@balloni: list of profiles is based on Libor work here: https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles . He will help me to choose best of them, that will be included in Locus by default. For now, it is only for testing. And what means FCR? I have no idea :).

And "realistic use" ... well I know that some people set all five options to hike/bike profiles. So question here is, if not to allow rename and re-icon these profiles. Maybe I'll go easier way and offer only few relevant profiles for every type, as you suggest. Thanks for opinion.

And no map preview ... indeed, thanks!
  •  

abrensch

Quote from: menion on August 11, 2016, 15:35:56
... first attempt to custom configuration for BRouter profiles directly over Locus.
Locus will now display also profiles stored in Locus/data/brouter (for those who wants to play with it). Such profiles also support "on the fly" definition of "avoid_motorways" and "avoid_toll" parameters. Check sample attached file if interested. Hope you find it useful.

Thanks, and works for me as intended.

However, I think that needs a second thought.

The issue was that the transport-mode mapping in BRouter is too abstract for the average user, and you need something more intuitive. And now you come up with ....... a transport mode mapping....

So everytime the word "transport mode" comes to your mind, just say 3 times:

"There's nothing like a transport mode - there are just profiles with options"

I know that for MapQuest you have a similar concept: the options (there are 4 options for MapQuest) are configured deep in the configuration, and the transport mode is selected on the navigation screen. This is already dangerous: it's easy to forget such an option, and you will be confused by unexptected results.

But now, things are even worse: while for Mapquest, you have one set of options, now you have a set of options for each transort mode. That's a multiplication of entropy and the way to hell.

So the concept that I have in mind is much simpler: put the profile-selection AND the options directly on the navigation screen.Maybe two lines, the first with a combobox for profile selection + a trigger button, and the second line with checkbox icons for the options. And have the values for the checkboxes shared over profiles, that is, if you change the profile selection, the options keep their values, but the visibilty of the option icons depends on whether the selected profile evaluates that option. Of course that does not offer space for the (multi-language?) option descriptons, so they must be places somewhere else.

I am aware that you need a transport mode also to initialize the voice navigation. But you can take that from the gpx-response, the same way you do it when importing a gpx.

regards, Arndt
  •  

Andrew Heard

I agree with Arndt regards new BRouter customization.
Thanks for ability to hide the left track recording button.
Thanks for 2 new track styles and more empty space between icons in other styles. The spacing looks really good now - can see underlying road better.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •