[APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2016, 20:21:08

Menion

@balloni55? side menu will be closed when you tap on "map" button or map preview, in next version, thanks

@zigzag: my bad, sorry!! In next version of Locus & API, this will be fixed. Expect that all track record parameters will be removed and instead of this will be available one bigger object "TrackStats". You will see ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

V 3.18.2.1
Quoteside menu will be closed when you tap on "map" button or map preview, in next version
and
Quotenew geotagged photos are not displayed on map
solved, thanks :)

my first impression of "share track as screenshot"

- why only share with FB?
- "track preview" is stored in locus/export as "track-preview.jpg" and always overwritten if user view next "track preview" :-[ why it´s not named identically track?
- some, not all tracks are not scaled enought and trackline is out of mapview
- visible information is different depending original/reimported .gpx or .kmz
for me activity should be shown always.

and here screenshot of track tab

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Helllo balloni55, thanks for feedback!

1) Locus generates JPG image and send simple "Share it" request to system. If there is more apps that may handle it, it should be offered. If it automatically starts facebook for you, then you probably some time ago set "JPG" association for facebook. For me, it offer two picture browsers, email, hangout and few others

2) name of track > good point, I'll improve it

3) tracks that are not fully visible ... give me some GPX so I may try it, thanks

4) export, import ... well since begin, Locus never exported and imported tracks in 1:1 ... so there was always something lost. There was always a problem with attachments, that are lost, now also "activity" that is not exported. Time in GPX export ... I'll check it too, thanks. In case of KML > KML file is not usable for export of recorded tracks. Except coordinates and elevation, all other values are lost.
  •  

joeloc

menion.android.locus folder and thus the image caches are always created on /externalSd/Android/data on my system. Is there any reason to put these on external sd card? I would assume writing to internal memory is orders of magnitude faster and much more suited for things like caches.

Can I can somehow influence this folder? Or does Locus want to be on externalSd specifically?

Locus folder itself is on internalSd obviously.
  •  

joeloc

I just noticed Locus mobile data usage for the first time. In the last seven days, it was 60MB "foreground data" and 5MB "background data" according to Android. Can you explain what this means? Is this with the app in front and screen on? And background is with screen off or app in background? Or does it have to do with separate tasks inside Locus... like live tracking and online maps?

60MB feels a lot to me, since I normally never use online maps. Is it possible that the new Panoramio layers eats loads? Then again, I used that just for testing :-).

Live tracking traffic should be miniscule, right?

•  

balloni55

QuoteFor me, it offer two picture browsers, email, hangout and few others
for me it offer  only two picture browser, nothing else available like gmail or whatsapp. "share a track" is an extra button with FB and so i ask for. I never used FB i have no account ;)

Quotenow also "activity" that is not exported
activity is also not visible in original track preview, or i´m blind?

tracks attached

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: gynta

Menion

@joeloc: well "cache" usage is to be able to temporary store data, that otherwise take more time. Cache on SD card is slower then in internal memory (in most cases), but still a lot faster then internet connection. Benefit of cache on SD card is that it do not consume a lot more precious space in internal memory, which I decided is more important then few percent of speed benefit.

Mobile usage ... hard to say what consumed you 60 Mb when I wasn't standing next to you, but from what you wrote, online tiles will be the "problem" here. Live tracking - I was thinking about some "data counter". We will see later ... anyway tested now and with 7 active people, one event (send your location and receive 7 users) took around 1.3 kB. So count it by your "refresh frequency" a in case of 15 seconds, you get around 310kB per hour.

@balloni55: thanks, I think generated preview will be "shared" better now. I found a one more method to offer more options after preview is generated.
And activity: is activity really defined for these tracks? And I tried to import both your tracks and when I created preview, both tracks were completely visible on this preview, hmm.
  •  

Menion

Hi Willy, what you see is sharing from a photo viewer that already opened generated preview. I'm improved sharing of generated "preview" directly in Locus so in next version you should see very similar list of options directly when "preview" is generated.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAnd activity: is activity really defined for these tracks?
take a look at my post #50
- left SS is from original track named "Jo ZH" with 1936 KJ but no aktivity and in SS of track tab you see the blue runner icon at "Jo ZH", so aktivity is set

please share us a SS from track preview where aktivity is visible

Quoteboth tracks were completely visible on this preview, hmm.
- in middle SS of #50 you see preview of track not complete visible "Jo ZH.gpx" i have shared in #54 "Jo ZH.zip"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
After the update to 3.18.2.1 I noticed a an icon on the right at vertical center that gives access to the settings of function panel.

I think that is not a new function but a little bug.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI think that is not a new function but a little bug.
i think it should only apeare if user has minimum one icon visible on right side, below it
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: balloni55 on July 07, 2016, 08:12:20
QuoteI think that is not a new function but a little bug.
i think it should only apeare if user has minimum one icon visible on right side, below it
I do not use right panel and the cited icon is related to top menu. In pro version there is no icon only in this beta after the update.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: as I wrote, activity is now missing on generated "Track preview". Also this "preview" is not a simple screenshot. Method how to generate it is quite complex anyway extension is possible. I'll think about option to add there activity as well.

Hmm indeed, you track is not fully visible. Interesting as this do not happen on my device. I'll test it little bit.

@lor74cas: not a bug, rather a feature. I expected stronger offense against this button  (from more people), so result is quite positive to me :).
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on July 07, 2016, 10:02:01
@lor74cas: not a bug, rather a feature. I expected stronger offense against this button  (from more people), so result is quite positive to me :).

OK this the first offense.  I like a clear interface and not always more is better.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello, I have tried the screenshot share from beta 3.18.2.1 and the track profile is convenient but if mixed with map background, it's almost unreadable.
I suggest to place the profile either under the map (or cut the map rectangle to cover only shared track) or under the stats on the right.
When the current raster map has only one zoom level which is not sufficient for the scale of exported image, vector map is used instead. I'd wish to filter all available of offline maps and give user a choice to select one (+whichever from online maps)
  •