show altitude with coordinate

Started by xxc, April 20, 2011, 16:35:03

xxc

Hi,
Would be really cool to see altitude next to the coordinate in the topbar, using for example google elevation api (http://code.google.com/intl/fr-FR/apis/ ... elevation/).
Thanks !

edit: I just made a mockup, look at the picture
  •  

Matthy_47

Great idea for other outdoormaps too, if you want to quickcheck the altitude of a position via moving the cursor to it.

-> Or just show the altitude or speed of a track (selectable), while guiding or recording :-)

Thanks Matthias
  •  

Matthy_47

retrigger ;-)
  •  

Minjin

Until Menion add this feature, use "get altitude" http://j.mp/l88cvg
8-)
  •  

Menion

I'm working on it ... but how to simply use it? it's nonsence to permanently check altitude on internet. it top bar you can see altitude when you have GPS ON. I'll add altitude (from Google API) to edit point screen ... enough?

EDIT: hmm maybe also on map long click should be nice?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Matthy_47

..... yes long click is a good idea and in addition while guiding or recording on top, if coordinates are selected (third row). Thanks! Matthias
  •  

xxc

yes! long click in address popup would be cool, but more easy, a single tap (click?) on the red cross could update the third row in coordinates. I really offen need this feathure and i think long click would be "boring" :D
What i did implement in a web map was to wait for idle (~0.5s after the map center change) before updating the altitude, to minimize the internet flow.
Thanks a lot! Vince
  •  

Menion

new "Dynamic Altitude mode" in 1.7.1 market version ... enough? :) (delay to show data is 2 sec)
  •  

Matthy_47

Thanks a lot!! :-) That solution is working great!
Matthias
  •  

xxc

Yeah perfect !
Many thanks for listening to our wishes !
Vincent
  •  

Menion

you're welcome :)
  •