old offline addresses discussion

Started by balloni55, March 08, 2016, 12:40:38

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on March 17, 2016, 08:40:28
Thanks Petr for answer
this morning, german file size on Google Drive have 0 KB :(
try again, should work

Christian

Thanx Petr, now the streets can be found within offline address db.
But the problem wit 'unknown address' after long tap remains. Without internet connection no address :(
  •  

TrulloF

Hello!
I downloaded the new db version for Germany North (17.03.2016), but I still have trouble finding streets in Berlin. E.g. after choosing Berlin as city I try to look for Boxhagener Straße, Boxhagener Platz, Rhinstraße etc. but I don't get any results. Kurfürstendamm for instance is found.
Thank you in advance for looking into it.
Btw. this feature is a really nice one, keep up the good work!
  •  

ta-ka

@voldapet Thank you for creating Japan db. I've briefly confirmed that the search works by typing alphabetical character words and Japanese character words.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
thank you for testing. Today morning we've uploaded new databases on GD and for this reason weren't some files available. Unfortunately the "Unknown address" problem remains - the new  version of application is needed. So please wait for next beta. Sorry for that.

@TrulloF
Thank you for report. Well, it's the similar situation as with Stuttgart/Munchen. But Berlin is in OSM data tagged as "state" and our address DB generator does not recognize such city boundary. I guess that there will be the same problem with Bremen or Hamburg. We'll improve it. :) Thanks
  •  

gynta

Quote from: voldapet on March 17, 2016, 17:25:58
new  version of application is needed. So please wait for next beta. Sorry for that.
Sometimes You really should listen to me:
Quote from: gynta on March 11, 2016, 12:25:08
Quote from: menion on March 09, 2016, 07:02:37
we are now spending time mainly on new version of Locus Map (planned on tomorrow), so we will check all problems at Friday or at start of next week, thanks.
plz wait!  ;)
;D

thx for new db files but my test also ends with no good results - but you know in the meantime.

Menion

New Beta version on Google Play, new address database on Google Drive, enjoy it and have a nice weekend!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

TrulloF

Hello.
I tried the new db's. It seems to work even without using the new beta version.
Nice.
  •  

balloni55

work now much better ;D
reverse search display in my case allways > Germany  ;)

street names wit hyphen is furtermore a problem

i search in Stuttgart for street:
Hermann Pleuer  > no result :-[
Hermann > result is among others > Hermann-Pleuer :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

there is no "Herman " string inside db
Other search engines tryed to combine

eg google maps:

balloni55

not really ;)
switch your device to flight mode, than you search offline!
and youl get " no result"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

Thanks for testing
@gynta - sorting I need to discuss with menion. Sorting is good idea but we need to create probably custom sort mechanism. Simple alphabetical sorting isn't proper solution from my point of view. I mean the house numbers with letters: For example (1, 1A, 2, 11). But the strict alphabetical would be: 1, 2 , 11, 1A
- doubled "n" well that's complicated. I guess that we aren't able to offer such searching...

@balloni55 - Reverse returns always Germany? Would you please give me some screenshot where are shown the coordinates or place where you long tap on map?

Hyphen - I'm sorry that's my fault. I've been playing with regexp and trying different expression and finally I've put into the code wrong regexp. Well probably almost all special characters are ignored only hyphen isn't :( . New version of databases but also application is needed. Not solved right now.

•  

balloni55

QuoteReverse returns always Germany?
used map "Germany_south", osm.db from 18.3, airplane mode
screenshots Stuttgart Airport and Centre

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote...Sorting is good idea but we need to create probably custom sort mechanism. Simple alphabetical sorting isn't proper solution from my point of view. I mean the house numbers with letters: For example (1, 1A, 2, 11). But the strict alphabetical would be: 1, 2 , 11, 1A - doubled "n" well that's complicated..
alphabetical sorting is ok.
not perfect - but ok.
simulation:

voldapet

@balloni55
It's more on menion then me but do you use the latest beta? I guess that offline reverse geo is not used in your situation.  You should see "*" symbol in popup window that symbolize offline reverse geocoding.

•