wvb

You first need to search for the city.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: wvb on March 09, 2016, 23:22:17
You first need to search for the city.
@wvb - thanks - how stupid of me to ignore the city prompt

next observation - "rue saint-sebastien" is only found IF the hyphen character is typed AND space characters are removed, maybe these special characters can be ignored?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 09, 2016, 03:48:50

• I then enabled long tap from Settings > Map - Control & Panels > Enable address display, and then long tap each road - label popup = Unknown address?
Since the post above I made visible "Enable address display" in Quick settings, and now after long tap I get correct address in popup label instead of "Unknown address", weird. I then tried to reproduce "Unknown address" but now can't.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

wvb

I am very excited about this new feature!
I tested it yesterday for some addresses in Belgium and Netherlands and it's quite fast.

One remark I have at this point is that it would be handy if we could search for parts of the city.
For example:
Thorembais-Saint-Trond
now we o my get a match if we start with Thorembais and not when we search for Saint-Trond.

Apart from this it will be great to have this feature in Locus!

•  

voldapet

@Andrew - "unknown problem" you've probably internet connection and Locus loads address from internet if offline was not successful.
White space, hyphens and other character - thank you good point we'll improve it

@wvb
It should work but not in case that hyphens are in the name. You can try for example "Pinte" as part of the name "De Pinte". However we need to improve the hyphens as I wrote above. So we'l improve also Thorembais-Saint-Trond
  •  

wvb

@voldapet

Great! Thanks for the update.
I didn't think of testing De Pinte :-)
This indeed works fine.
I look forward to handling with hyphens.

Anyway, I would also like to add that I have been hoping for offline address such for some time and it is already better than I expected it to be :-)

Great work!

•  

gynta

Quote from: menion on March 09, 2016, 07:02:37
we are now spending time mainly on new version of Locus Map (planned on tomorrow), so we will check all problems at Friday or at start of next week, thanks.
plz wait!  ;)

Christian

nice feature but...

: i got "unknown address" after long tap w/o internet connection
: a lot of streets are missed in database i.e. München Planeggerstrasse / Planegger Strasse or München Arminiusstrasse / Arminius Strasse. All missed streets i searched in Offline DB are in OSM.

I updated my LoMap but no success. I used _germany_south.osm.db from your Google drive dated March 08, 2016 2:01:38 PST.
What should i do?

A question more. Offline Address DB and POI DB are in the same file / db now, isn't?

Christian
  •  

balloni55

QuoteInstalled Locus Map 3.15.3.6 and higher
Hello Petr,
i think this sentence in first post is misleading
in V 3.16.0 i found no optional "offline address search"

Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

@Christian
"unknown address" - problem is in DB files that available on GD. I'm preparing new files right now and in next version of db files (not version of Locus app) will be solved this issue. I'll also check the mentioned Munchen streets in new address DB.  And you're right both address and POIs data are included in one database.

@balloni55
Offline search would be available also in standard production version. The menu is shown only in case that there is any *.osm.map and *.osm.db file in Locus/mapsVector (or default folder for vector maps). Are you sure that you've downloaded any address DB file?
  •  

balloni55

Hi Petr
of course ;)

in POI search they are available.
If i remember right, in Beta RC there where in search/Adress&Places dialog 2 options, online and offline search, but in  official PRO i see only online search :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

balloni55

Thanks gynta for your clip !  :)
after frech download of "germany_south.osm.db" i see the hamburger button top right and can select offline address search ;)

my test address:
Stuttgart Flughafen Flughafenstraße
- Stuttgart street Flughafen
next i take a look on map and see names of towns around the airport to search for
- Echterdingen
- Plieningen
- Filderstadt street Flughafenstraße
- Leinfelden >result  Leinfelden-Echterdingen street Flughafenstraße ;D

for now a foreign visitor didn´t find the Airport of Stuttgart :-[

surprisingly searching with same DB using "POI search" i get results for "Stuttgart Flughafen" or "Flughafen"

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

@balloni55, @Christian - Munchen, Stuttgart. Thank you for report. It seems that I have problem with bigger Germany cities that are on the same administrative level as counties (Kreis). I'll try to fix it
  •  

balloni55

Thanks Petr for answer

this morning, german file size on Google Drive have 0 KB :(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •