[APP] - version 3.17.x (16. 5. 2016+)

Started by Menion, May 16, 2016, 15:36:07

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 18, 2016, 14:51:26
@Andrew: hmm I'm almost sure that my small change should have no influence on this. I may disable it, as it's just one line of code, but it really should work without a problem.

Do you have exact steps I may follow to get exactly same problem?

I'm trying to play with it little bit, but GPS is always turned of correctly in Locus, hmm :/.

EDIT: maybe I've found some weird combination, so next version probably during weekend, thanks
@menion - something definitely different in 3.17.0. No amount of GPS disable/enable will wake it up. I also tried "GPS Status" app - also dead. Thanks for checking.

Only when I go Android > settings > Location > off > on > will the GPS wake up once in this new "sleep" mode. It seems connected to being in house/ office for long time (hours) that this new problem occurs? Sorry not exact steps yet. These things are often so hard to hunt down. Similar to this one - http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5119.msg42845#msg42845 - first I thought was BRouter/ GPX issue only after hours of testing to change opinion and think it was navigation recalculation=Never issue.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 19, 2016, 01:11:03......Similar to this one - http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5119.msg42845#msg42845 - first I thought was BRouter/ GPX issue only after hours of testing to change opinion and think it was navigation recalculation=Never issue.
Or, Locus navigation API issue - see my latest posts in that thread.

eldron

Hi,
first of all - thanks for finally implementing an offline address search!
I do have a few questions about the new version though:
1) I purchased the map of Germany a while ago (before it was split). Am I correct in asuming that I won´t be able to use the offline address search without purchasing a new map?
2) Is it possible to use the offline address search without downloading a Locus Map? I don´t mind paying for the address database, but I usually use different maps (mainly openandromaps).
3) The changelog states this change: option to colorize map by altitude - where do I find this feature?
  •  

Christian

Quote from: eldron on May 19, 2016, 19:47:55
3) The changelog states this change: option to colorize map by altitude - where do I find this feature?
Settings / Map advanced / shading
Einstellungen / Karte erweitert / Schattierung
  •  

gynta

Quote from: eldron on May 19, 2016, 19:47:55
I do have a few questions about the new version though:1) 2)
Hello eldron
please read/reply here for more informations:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5016.msg41589#msg41589

slarti76

Menion, thank you very much for the new version, lots of good stuff  ;D

A tiny thing I appreciated are the new track icons - but do you think you could come up with one for simple walking (perhaps the hiking guy without the backpack) and snowshoeing (the hiking guy with sticks and some kind of snowshoes on the feet)?

Also, you added categories, like with the Garmin icons. I wonder, as you obviously have the code to do the categories: Couldn't you add this to the display of user icon libraries. I mean, they're ZIPs, so simple solution would be if the ZIP contains directories, these become the category titles and all icons in that directory go into that category. Deeper nested directories don't need to be handled especially, just flatten the structure. I have a lot of icons in many ZIPs, and ordering them like that would be easy without having to create dozens of separate ZIPs instead.
There might be a problem with GPX export and the paths used there, I can imagine - but I would be fine if the directory names would just be ignored for that. Can't have to icons with same name in one ZIP but different directory, then, but that's a conditions I'm fine with.
Is there a chance for that?
  •  

fzk

MapsForge V4 maps (language selection in map detail) + V4 themes: All ways and lines are too thick. The map looks unrealistic.

Regards Klaus
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Interestingly, I can use Locus POIs with OAM maps without even having to do anything.

• Second-last map I selected was the latest Locus map (finally updated - yay!).
  • Last map I selected was the latest OAM map (finally updated - yay!)
Now I'm looking at the OAM map, and POIs from Locus are tappable.  Nice.

(There are subtle differences with OAM maps re trail rendering with the theme I use, hence I prefer those maps by a slight margin.  But normally I'll choose most-recently-updated, because I'm an OSM editor and am always eager to see my changes.)
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: sabaca on May 18, 2016, 11:46:18
In my Note 3 Locus crashes at startup
My Note 3 does not crash - what may be the difference ?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 18, 2016, 14:51:26
@Andrew: hmm I'm almost sure that my small change should have no influence on this. I may disable it, as it's just one line of code, but it really should work without a problem.
EDIT: maybe I've found some weird combination, so next version probably during weekend, thanks
@menion - for my testing/ observation - does 3.17.0.2 beta have this fix?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@slarti: new icons ... we will see

Special handling of categorized icons make sense, I was thinking about it some time ago. Little harder to create really easy working solution and it also needs quite some time to make it work properly. Probably easier solution should be some XML file inside zip, that should define these categories. Anyway suggest to copy this idea on help desk http://help.locusmap.eu/ , as it's really not task on few minutes and I would like to see if there is some interest or not. Anyway it's doable.

@fzk: well ... and how may I help here? :). I'm just using default settings from MapsForge. Same theme + map with official sample application looks different? Width of lines should be only defined by theme.xml file, isn't it?

@Andrew Heard: yes, change was made already in 3.17.0.2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: menion on May 21, 2016, 11:45:33
@fzk: well ... and how may I help here? :). I'm just using default settings from MapsForge. Same theme + map with official sample application looks different? Width of lines should be only defined by theme.xml file, isn't it?
Are tiles scaled according to screen density or fixed at 256px? If the latter is true all sizes probably are still scaled but on not enough space, so everything looks too thick on high dpi

developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

Menion

Size of tiles is defined in map file itself. So Locus first get information about defined tile size from map header and then use this size to request MapsForge for rendering of tiles.
  •  

Bucky Kid

I have minor problems with maps movement in Locus 3.17.1. Randomly after releasing my finger the map makes a jump in reverse direction than my finger moved so the map control is less efficient.
  •  

Menion

Hmm, is this happen with all maps, or just some special map (not downloaded / created by Locus itself)? If it's not Locus based, then same problem was probably also in older versions and unfortunately I'll need such map to fix it. Anyway weird that this happen, I was sure that similar problems are forever fixed ... sorry for this.
  •