Need help navigating an imported route

Started by Cory McAlpin, March 26, 2016, 12:50:19

Cory McAlpin

. I created a route from our house to a location this morning imported it to Locus maps and started the route and started recording as we drove away from the house. Instead of telling me which way to turn and following my route it's trying to tell me to take a shortcut to get to the Final Destination. Why won't it navigate me through the entire course without taking a shortcut to the end?
  •  

poutnikl

Check if you have in Navigation settings - Automatic recalculation - Point priority,
and if yes, try to change it to Route priority.

Note that for the basic support there is dedicated Helpdesk forum   http://help.locusmap.eu

Cory McAlpin

I just looked and in order to use point priority I have to buy the pro version.  I will gladly pay for that IF I know that is the problem not having point priority checked.  I don't want to buy and then find out the app still does not work right.  As of now for auto recalculate it is off.
  •  

poutnikl

Hmm, I forgot it is in PRO version only. But I suppose the whol efeature of route recalculation is available in PRO only.

If you use a dense, generated route file, than try to use Guidance, instead of Navigation.
Navigation uses realtime routing, while Guidance uses point to point approach.
I guess Navigation may try to lead you by route it has calculated, regardless of provided route.

Chck also if you really choose navigation along route, and not just to Final point - but I guess you did.

Cory McAlpin

I did use navigation instead of guidance.  I was wondering what the difference was between the 2. That must be it lol. So your saying choosing navigation calculates the shortest possible route to the end point while guidance will follow the pre planned route?

Also is the recalculate feature part of the problem do you think or would you guess the whole problem lies with the fact that I chose navigation?
  •  

poutnikl

Well, calculation works depending on used and available setting.

Edit - All the thing has 2 aspects
1/ How to get to some point, Navigation calculates the route, Guidance aims there just by straight line.
2/ which point it tries to reach - it mostly depends on seting how to behave if you are off the track more than a threshold distance. Strict route following tries to pass every point of preprepared route.

In the PRO - if recalculation is activated and if you left the route
it recalculates route to final point or next via point in case of point priority,
or it recalculates route to reach the route again, if route priority is selected.

You can - in both navigation and Guidance - use in advanced settings Stract navigation along the route.

Cory McAlpin

I just looked in both and sure enough strict route following was unchecked in both.  I checked it now.  I can't wait to go try it out.

edit
For the record. .... that fixed it.  Thanks!
  •  

mlun

Quote from: poutnikl on March 26, 2016, 16:24:57
Hmm, I forgot it is in PRO version only. But I suppose the whol efeature of route recalculation is available in PRO only.

If you use a dense, generated route file, than try to use Guidance, instead of Navigation.
Navigation uses realtime routing, while Guidance uses point to point approach.
I guess Navigation may try to lead you by route it has calculated, regardless of provided route.

Chck also if you really choose navigation along route, and not just to Final point - but I guess you did.
Could someone please tell how to activate the guidance feature? As far as I can see there is only a "Navigate to" function, although I have switched on "Show guidance panel". Have also imported my own track that I would like to follow in guidance mode.
  •