[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

voldapet

I have short note about new content in Locus store that is available in the latest beta. There is a pilgrims guide for Via Francigena - first section is free for download. Menu > Locus store > United Kingdom > England > Via Francigena. You can test it...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on April 30, 2016, 13:51:53
@Andrew Heard: yes, like tap on spanner + selecting item. Not a big feature, it may just be more logical to someone and maybe easier to use in the field (big line over display, mainly tracks vs small icon in corner)

Offline addresses - perfect.
@Menion - regards long tap - it was a little bit confusing to me because the operations long bottom affected  not just the "long tapped" point or track, but also any other item that was current enabled. If I tap the spanner then operations long bottom affect all enabled items (obvious), but I think more intuitive and useful feature that long tapped single item + operation should only affect that item, and ignore other enabled items.

and offline address search - I was too quick to respond, not all positive but will reply in more detail in "offline addresses" forum topic.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hmm good point. So to make it "different then bottom button" and more useful ... just long-tapped item will be pre-selected. Not all currently visible + long-tapped. Agree, done, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Excellent. Exactly what I was thinking. And confirm - it shouldn't change the "eye" icon enable status of any of the list items OK?
  •  

Menion

yep. It really just preselect tha ONE item you long clicked. Nothing more and it won't have effect on visibility/selection of other items. So in case, you have visible a lot of points/tracks on a map, but wants just select two of them, you had:

previously: tap on bottom button, in top toolbar tap "selection button" > deselect all and then tap on wanted two items
now: long click on first item, then select also second item

Hmm sounds good. Thanks for help.

slarti76

That new feature with the long tap sounds great - always missed something like that.
Which reminds me of another tiny idea I was had but forgot:
In the tracks list, when you tap the icon (track overview), you're taken directly to the map showing the track completely. Wouldn't it make sense to do something similar with a point? Tapping the point icon, doesn't open the point details (like the rest of the line), but enables that point and takes you to the map centered on the point.
Would be more consistent, don't you think?
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 3.16.2.10 with some interesting news. I'm looking forward to some feedback ;)

@slarti76: well, interesting idea. I'll think about it, thanks
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on May 03, 2016, 17:57:02
New Beta version 3.16.2.10 with some interesting news. I'm looking forward to some feedback ;)

@slarti76: well, interesting idea. I'll think about it, thanks
Hi Menion,
easy and organized access to important information is a good principle. Hence I like the approach.
Now to the details:
- Panoramio access us a great idea. However, slider is needed to control the amount images displayed on top of the map. Currently at popular places, the map completely disappears.
- Quick map switch has fastest possible access,    directly from the map. So no need to hide it one step further away.
- Map themes:  same
- POIs: even further away from instant access.
I believe that the panel construct you have is powerful and gives the user all (s)he needs.
Direct access from screen, grouping as the user wants it (by the reordering feature).
With the addition of more Features, though, you might want to offer a panel on the left.
It should be the home of the map theme, quick map switch and the recording, of course. And the size should be like current quick map switch. Not like the spacy blue buttons today.
Cheers
Michael

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

balloni55

Hi menion,
interesting news in new BETA ;)

- additional to Michaels suggestion on Panoraminio, please add a optional checkbox only with wifi.

- using vectormaps the old theme button is furthermore available

- maps (kml/kmz) from items are not displayed as overlay on map althought name and opacity slider is visible
in "T:Map Item browser"

Overlay Geotagged photo:
- displayed "created date" in  photo details is current date and not date photo was created/shot
- inside photo details it would be helpfull to have a "back link" or "folder name" to folder where this photo is stored.
- if i add e.g. two "folder links" to folders with geotagged photos inside, all geotagged photos from both folders are displayed on map althought i havn´t activated (red folder name) one of them.

For me only photos from activated (red) folders should be displayed.
- multiselect of "folder links" should be also possible.

- if i delete one "folder link", photos of this folder are furthermore visible on map (no refrech) till next off/on "Geotagged photo"

Photo icon preview in item list is very small and difficult to identify, i think there is enough space to to enlarge them ;)

Wolfgang

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

menu>about>about>news

Please add a line break between the new contents.

new "map content" slide panel:

- Title is "T:map content"

- Please add to the overlay switch panel:  "overlayed map" on/off
  (should i post an idea in helpdesk?)

- Please add to the overlay switch panel:  "map shading" on/off
  (should i post an idea in helpdesk?)

- POI on/off: off was ignored

btw. OpenStreetMap Notes are nice

michaelbechtold

This slide panel only annoys - you need more clicks for the same thing. Same with the search, BTW, as discussed in other thread.
The "more functions" menu is the right place to sort functions by category, e.g. "Map content". And let the users decide which subset of them is relevant, and let the users place them on the screen via the panel mechanics that does successfully work.
As there are more functions coming, giving the users more space on the left side is an option.
  •  

Andrew Heard

can the user hide the new left side panel? I already have access to required functions from quick settings and main settings screens so don't see why any new functions can't use same mechanism?

The off line search UI is better again but have now noticed a map long tap sometimes shows an address label for a street that is offset from tapped position? never seen this before
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys for a feedback, I'll try to read and change something here and there and let you know.

Just expect, that I would like to replace with this panel all side buttons on left side. There is no plan to create something similar to "right functions panel" also on a left side. Anyway no need to discuss this now, as I have no improvement in head already, how to allow define quick access to certain left sliding screens. Thanks for now.
  •  

Menion

Hello,

@balloni: quite a lot of tasks around "GeoTagged photos". Unfortunately it's not so simple for me to do something with this. All these points on a map are just common points with attached photo, nothing more. I've at least for now, fixed refresh when one directory was removed from a list.

Btw. you wrote also something about "selected item in list of directories" etc ( "For me only photos from activated (red) folders should be displayed." ) ... but there is nothing like activated item. All directories you setup in list of "monitored directories" are visible at once. There is no option to temporary enable/disable some of them.

@gynta: separator added between news, thanks. Requests on help desk are not needed now. All is just in creating/testing phase and will be published in 3.18.0 version, not sooner. So enough time. I have to think more carefully what to add to "Overlays" panel and what not. Don't want to create some huge huge list with need to settings "what display and what not".

@michaelbechtold, @Andrew. well idea is that side panel fully substitude all small buttons that are currently on left side together with "Quick map switch". I have anyway today did a small settings that allows to choose, which item will be then visible on side as a "quick button". All clear from screenshot hope - see, at top is selected what should be on the side of panel and at bottom are semitransparent visible buttons. Simple ... well? :)

•  

michaelbechtold

So those tick-boxes control what is visible, directly on the map screen, right ?
That would address my concerns indeed :-)
  •