[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

gynta

Quotelive tracking three stats icon

3 times fails - but we have green status.

michaelbechtold

Just started testing the new beta.
Impressed with the speed of hill shading at level 10 and higher. Congrats,  Menion!
Two issues, older,  but still existing in this beta:

1) quick map switch is still broken. In general, but this scenario should make it very clear. Both automatic map switch options being active,  selected map is Austria. Moving over Slovenia into the Balkans. Maps switch nicely without me noticing. Great. Going to quick map switch, the map shown is nowhere in the list, though.

2) rendering still mixes different map parts and tiles from different themes. Attached is only one example.

3) meanwhile numerous times recording screwed up.
After kms of recording, pressing the red stop button immediately Deleted the track!
  •  

balloni55

V 3.16.1.2
new option to enable/disable displayed POI´s, good step forward ;)

question, why are some icons from e.g. "Bank", "Restaurant" or "Busstop" furthermore visible on map and other not when i´ve disabeled this option?

"removed support for < android 4.0.3"
do you provide apk V 3.16.1 for users with older andoid version?
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:devices_older_android
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

"Locus" Live tracking in last beta doesn't work here.

michaelbechtold

confirmed. 100%  dead

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

joeloc

Quote from: michaelbechtold on April 03, 2016, 12:22:09
Just started testing the new beta.
Impressed with the speed of hill shading at level 10 and higher. Congrats,  Menion!
Menion figured out a really good algorithm for CPUs. But have you tried http://webgl.uni-hd.de/realtime-WebGIS/index.html (on your phone) to be *really* impressed? :-)

Anyway, I wanted to confirm the "messy tiles" problem, I also have that regularly.

Also, the latest PRO and all following BETAs force-quit on me silently during track recording about 2-3 times per day. I cannot really figure out when and how that happens, because my phone is safely tucked away. But it's pretty annoying when you take it out after an hour and notice that Locus is actually no longer running and nothing was recorded.

That's a serious problem that even can turn into a life threatening situation. I really wish Locus would offer some kind of POSITIVE audio feedback... like a configurable beep for every recorded point... configurable voice strings (like "altitude %d" whenever you cross a 100m mark... etcpp.

NEGATIVE feedback (ie beeping on errors) will never be sufficient.
  •  

Menion

Hello guys,

new 3.16.2 version on Google Play.

@michaelbechtold: multilanguage MapsForge maps - if they do not work, it's possible that format also changed? Well, in this case, I cannot help for now.

@gynta: icon for Live tracking should be fixed in 3.16.2, thanks

@balloni55: and are icons clickable? For me it looks like just icons rendered by vector map theme itself, not loaded from Locus Poi Db. About removed support for 4.0.0-2 devices. You really have a device with this Android? Because there should be less then 0.1 percent of such devices ( http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html )

- problems with messed tiles from map themes - weird. Thanks, have to test it more as this not happen to me now

@joeloc: 2-3 times per day?? There have to be some change in your device. You are only one who write something like this about latest versions. Hmm
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

michaelbechtold

in very latest beta it worked again

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Ah, I've by accident deleted my answer on this. Issue was not in Locus but on server side. It was already fixed during Monday afternoon.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello, in Locus 3.16.2 existing track can not be hidden/deleted from popup menu. From track detail panel it's possible.
  •  

gynta

it works here

scroll down
or/and set popup content in settings

Bucky Kid

Quote from: gynta on April 07, 2016, 09:37:00
it works here

scroll down
or/and set popup content in settings

I can't confirm. What build are you using?

•  

Menion

Disable "track edit mode" (tap on map outside of track), then you will be able to delete track. This is prevention to accidental deletion.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Ah I see now. If I change Tap on track to Popup window, I can delete/hide the track instantly, but I don't get instantly the bottom control toolbar for track manipulation on the other side (need extra taps).
Question, is disabling track hiding in edit on map mode reasonable when there aren't any unsaved changes made to track?
Entering Edit on map mode self doesn't modify the track so in my opinion it still can be deleted/hidden.
Disabling hide has sense only inside "Insert/edit trackpoint" or "Delete part of track" modes. Only one inconsistency I have noticed with previous behaviour was edit control toolbar not auto closing after deleting or hiding the track.
  •