Offline OSMAnd sqlite map not found

Started by gewe, March 13, 2016, 12:24:02

gewe

Hello,

I am using Locus Map 3.15.3, on a Moto X Play running Android 6.0.

I configured the storage folders to be on the SD card. In the directory menion.android.locus/files/Locus/mapsVector I created a subdirectory Mapsforge. In that directory I installed downloaded *.map files.
When selecting Maps, Offline tab I can see the Mapsforge directory, and when I click the directory, I see the individual map files.
So far so good.

For hiking I created a map in the OSMAnd sqlite format, using MOBAC (Mobile Atlas Creator). I created another subdirectory OSMAnd under mapsVector and copied the *.sqlitedb file created by MOBAC into that directory.
When I restart Locus Map the app reports that changes have been found in the maps folders. I then select the Locus folder on the SD card.
But when I select Maps, Offline tab I only see the Mapsforge directory. The OSMAnd directory is invisible.

How can I use the OSMAnd sqlite map in Locus Map?
  •  

Menion

Good day gewe,

hope I never wrote somewhere that OSMAnd maps are working under Locus. Where you get this information? Because it is not correct, they don't.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gewe

Hello,

Thank you for your ultra fast reply.  :D

Sorry, my mistake. Not all sqlites are the same...

I created an OruxMaps sqlite map. I copied the .db file into mapsVector, but that also isn't shown.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: gewe on March 13, 2016, 12:59:21
I created an OruxMaps sqlite map. I copied the .db file into mapsVector,...

gewe

Of course, it's a raster map.

In another thread I found that I have to copy the sqlite file and the xml as well.

Thanks, it's working now.
  •