Maps are not loading "unknown problem"

Started by Xavier, April 16, 2011, 05:03:54

Xavier

Hello everyone,
For several days online maps are not loading. The diplay shows "problème inconnu" wich means "unknown problem"  :oops: . It's the same for any maps.

To solve the problem I tried following steps:
- uninstall Locus free
- restart phone
- install Locusfree
- restart phone

The problem with maps still remains.
Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks
  •  

Menion

Hi Xavier, this is really weird. All online maps have same issue? May you give me some specific location like coordinates x, y, map OSM classic and zoom z? I have to check it because I have no similar troubles.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

mickey_megabyte

this problem is happening with me too - with all maps.

i can only see cached tiles - otherwise all i see is 'Unknown problem'.

i have tried 1.5.1 free and pro versions - both have the problem.
  •  

berkley

Hmm, just wondering if you have enabled Offline-Mode? Check this please in settings...

And you can still try another workaround:
- first uninstall Locus
- then delete all folders in "/dbdata/databases/" which affects locus (they're called something like "menion.locus"). further explanation on XDA //http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1009047 You have to be a rooted phone...
- reboot your phone
- install Locus again

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

mickey_megabyte

thanks berkley for your quick advice.

i'm not in 'offline mode', the box is not ticked.

also, i can't find a /dbdata folder on my phone.  the closest is /data/data/menion.android.locus/databases which contains webview.db and webviewCache.db

(i also have /data/data/menion.android.locus.pro/databases folder for my pro copy - i don't want to uninstall this one yet)

anyway, i uninstalled locus free, deleted the above folder, rebooted, reinstalled - and now i get 'connection failed' for all the maps on locus free 1.5.1, at any zoom setting - even though i do have a good wifi connection.

*edit* sorry, i am stupid!  i recently installed the droidwall firewall, and forgot to allow access to both versions of locus.  :oops:
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "mickey_megabyte"*edit* sorry, i am stupid!  i recently installed the droidwall firewall, and forgot to allow access to both versions of locus.  :oops:

LoL, nice bug :D
Thanks anyway ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •